I am planning to upgrade my PC for university studies, working on Ansys 2020 R2 program, so if you are familiar with it please help.

zaidh99

Budget (including currency): Less than 400 JOD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Ansys 2020 R2, small models but big enough that it uses all my 16GB RAM

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

So for this program I am not able to continue my project and I would really like to get this done, from the program I know I would need more RAM, since it says its using 15GB RAM trying to give me the solution. 
I am not sure if I need to upgrade the power supply and the CPU as well, I hope someone can help me with this! I dont want to spend money on something wont let me get the work done. Thanks in advance! 😄

43 minutes ago, zaidh99 said:

from the program I know I would need more RAM, since it says its using 15GB RAM trying to give me the solution.

How do you know ?

Can you do such a screen shot ?

44.png

I'm willing to swim against the current.

1 hour ago, zaidh99 said:

Budget (including currency): Less than 400 JOD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Ansys 2020 R2, small models but big enough that it uses all my 16GB RAM

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

So for this program I am not able to continue my project and I would really like to get this done, from the program I know I would need more RAM, since it says its using 15GB RAM trying to give me the solution. 
I am not sure if I need to upgrade the power supply and the CPU as well, I hope someone can help me with this! I dont want to spend money on something wont let me get the work done. Thanks in advance! 😄

So you're using a desktop, right?
You can probably just upgrade your RAM and call it a day, Anything from the last 4-5 years will use DDR4 RAM, you can get it for around 7€/GB. 
Give us your part list and we can tell if you need to swap anything else.
You can use something like https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html to see your CPU and RAM configuration.
As long as you have memory slots or are willing to get higher capacity modules you should only need that upgrade.

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

1 hour ago, leclod said:

How do you know ?

Can you do such a screen shot ?

Well I know because the program (Ansys) tells you the time taken plus the RAM used during the solution, and the error messages shows that the RAM isnt enough and sometimes a message about the time elapsed exceeded the CPU time by an excessive margin and the there might be lack in RAM. 
Also me checking Task manager. I will post a screenshot as well here:
image.thumb.png.337a377e510446e94f109ac86ec508cc.png

Keep in mind I still didnt get to the big solution that I need, its just a sample for you. Cant seem to find any of my old screenshots.

50 minutes ago, Xaring said:

So you're using a desktop, right?
You can probably just upgrade your RAM and call it a day, Anything from the last 4-5 years will use DDR4 RAM, you can get it for around 7€/GB. 
Give us your part list and we can tell if you need to swap anything else.
You can use something like https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html to see your CPU and RAM configuration.
As long as you have memory slots or are willing to get higher capacity modules you should only need that upgrade.

If you mean by part list, the parts in my desktop, I have them listed in profile, I thought they pop up with the topic when I post. 
I got 16GB RAM 2400MHz, Ryzen 3 1300x  and the power supply EVGA 550W N1. I know that there are 4 slots in my pc and the fact that I am using 2 already. 
Just one question not sure what to do with site you linked. Can you help or elaborate what to do there?

image.thumb.png.32dbd6f1a8c84808f9eca63441dd9078.png

Here is when I tried to close the program and stop the solution 

3 hours ago, zaidh99 said:

Never heard of this country

Could you post your country and not your city name?

Edit : crap it is a country, near iraq so i guess you can use iraq pricing as a reference

3 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Never heard of this country

Could you post your country and not your city name?

Edit : crap it is a country, near iraq so i guess you can use iraq pricing as a reference

It doesnt matter lol 
Just need to know what to upgrade and if cpu what to upgrade 

18 minutes ago, zaidh99 said:

It doesnt matter lol 
Just need to know what to upgrade and if cpu what to upgrade 

Youll wanna upgrade your ram to 32gb and maybe upgrade the cpu, though idk what your cpu is

2 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Youll wanna upgrade your ram to 32gb and maybe upgrade the cpu, though idk what your cpu is

Ryzen 3 1300x 

Does your motherboard come with 4 or 2 dimm slots? You could potentially plug in an extra set of 2x8GB sticks and call it a day. Unfortunately, I'm not really familiar with the program you're using, but if there's a RAM bottleneck, getting more should resolve your problems.

41 minutes ago, Jonathan Lee said:

Does your motherboard come with 4 or 2 dimm slots? You could potentially plug in an extra set of 2x8GB sticks and call it a day. Unfortunately, I'm not really familiar with the program you're using, but if there's a RAM bottleneck, getting more should resolve your problems.

I do know my motherboard has 4 slots. 

Been out, sry for the late answer.

Get an extra 2x8GB kit, then upgrade to a better 3XXX CPU within your budget.
That should be a worthwhile upgrade and should fix the issues you're having.

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

On 7/28/2021 at 12:50 PM, Xaring said:

Been out, sry for the late answer.

Get an extra 2x8GB kit, then upgrade to a better 3XXX CPU within your budget.
That should be a worthwhile upgrade and should fix the issues you're having.

All good, thanks for the help! 
So you mean Ryzen 3 3XXX? 
Edit: I am checking prices and Ryzen 5 image.png.1567c4eaa9afb8f388c80f5311158207.png and they are reasonable cheap. 

On 7/29/2021 at 12:10 PM, zaidh99 said:

All good, thanks for the help! 
So you mean Ryzen 3 3XXX? 
Edit: I am checking prices and Ryzen 5 image.png.1567c4eaa9afb8f388c80f5311158207.png and they are reasonable cheap. 

Any Ryzen X 3XXX would work.