Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello all, new to the forums but have been following for a bit. Enjoy Linus TT on YouTube, so I figured what better place to ask for help then here!

On my Ryzen 7 3700X PC I have 2x8 gb Corsair 3200 mhz CL16 Samsung b die ram. From the purchase I took out the 2x8 gb Adata 3000 mhz CL16 ram. I've seen videos about mixing RAM and also different speeds so I put them all into the PC with everything turning out good. I even ended up getting a overclock to 3600 MHz cl16-20-20-38-16.

My question though is how should I properly allocate the RAM modules to the dimm slots to disperse the unevenness properly?

Amd Ryzen 7 3700X (no pbo, no auto oc, no manual oc)
Gigabyte b450m wifi ultra durable
NZXT z72 Kraken 360 aio
EVGA RTX 3060 (overclocked) gpu
Samsung 1tb 980 pro nvme ssd
Wd blue 256 gb sata III ssd
Corsair vengeance RGB CL16 ddr4 2x8 3200mhz @ 3600mhz
Adata LPX CL16 ddr4 2x8 3000mhz @ 3600mhz
LG ultra gear 32" 1440p monitor @165hz

I would like to add the ram O.C was also done with manually setting the ram voltage to 1.4. anything lower it would not post.

You want one set on slot 2 and 4, and the other on 1 and 3. It doesn't matter set takes which. 

1 minute ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

You want one set on slot 2 and 4, and the other on 1 and 3. It doesn't matter set takes which. 

Thank you Ninja. I suppose one more question now lol. Would you consider one "set", one of the Corsair and one of the Adata mixed together? Or keep them sperated? Right now I have Corsair on 1 and 3 and the Adata on 2 and 4.

5 minutes ago, TheKrakenWZ said:

Thank you Ninja. I suppose one more question now lol. Would you consider one "set", one of the Corsair and one of the Adata mixed together? Or keep them sperated? Right now I have Corsair on 1 and 3 and the Adata on 2 and 4.

Sorry should have been more clear, a set would be the same RAM, so the corsair pair are a set and the Adata are the other. 

6 minutes ago, TheKrakenWZ said:

That's correct; that is how you want to install them.

This way it is running in dual channel correctly.

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz (still tweaking) -- i7-6800K
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master -- ASUS X99 Deluxe
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 5700 XT Special Edition -- 2x Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 (16GB TridentZ RGB + 16GB Red/Black TridentZ)
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO + 1TB Intel 660p NVMe
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass Edition
  • Ekwb Custom loop
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

Intel Z97 Rig (Secondary)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

Thank you rascal and ninja. I see YouTube videos and forums about being able to mix memory but nobody ever really says whether they should stick to their own channel or not. So thank you for replying, helping, and confirming on my first post ever here!