Razer Blade reliability

ok so i have owned a Razer Blade and had to return it due to an issue, but i really liked and and I am considering buying one in the future.

I would like to know whether their reliability and quality control is still as bad as people say it is, or if its good.

The biggest issue I see is overheating, but i guess i could play games on my custom pc and crank the Razer's fans to the max to solve this problem.

a guy who worked at my local Bestbuy hated Razer laptops and he said that a lot of people had to return them. He convinced me to build a pc.

Would a Razer Blade last me 4 years if i took good care of it?

also, which would have better cooling, the base model with the larger chassis or the advanced model with the vapor chamber?

-Thanks

if they are still unreliable, are there any better alternatives?

~Moved to Laptops and Prebuilt Systems

I don't have experience with Razer laptops, but I can say that all 4 Razer products I've owned have had big reliability issues and started causing problems prematurely (even after just 6 months). What's more is that if you don't live in one of the 8 or so countries that they have warranty coverage for, they will not honor your product's warranty unless you ship it to one of those few countries. (I actually have screenshots of my email conversation with their customer service reps).

So the unreliability you are having to me is not news. I would not expect 4 years out of a Razer product. You might get lucky and get one that doesn't break, but if you're looking for reliability there are other laptop brands to look at. Specifically, there's ASUS and Lenovo; I've worked with laptops with both brands and although still not perfect, their build quality and reliability seems on average quite a bit better.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

5 minutes ago, Energycore said:

~Moved to Laptops and Prebuilt Systems

I don't have experience with Razer laptops, but I can say that all 4 Razer products I've owned have had big reliability issues and started causing problems prematurely (even after just 6 months). What's more is that if you don't live in one of the 8 or so countries that they have warranty coverage for, they will not honor your product's warranty unless you ship it to one of those few countries. (I actually have screenshots of my email conversation with their customer service reps).

So the unreliability you are having to me is not news. I would not expect 4 years out of a Razer product. You might get lucky and get one that doesn't break, but if you're looking for reliability there are other laptop brands to look at. Specifically, there's ASUS and Lenovo; I've worked with laptops with both brands and although still not perfect, their build quality and reliability seems on average quite a bit better.

yeah im also considering the asus g15 it seems really good.

The really nice thing about Razer is their build quality, but the G15s build quality seems decent also, so i will probably get one when i buy a laptop. I really hope Razer gets better though, their laptops look really nice and are built very well

Just now, Coastqr said:

I really hope Razer gets better though

I've been hoping they get better since 2011, you can join in lol

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

2 hours ago, Energycore said:

I've been hoping they get better since 2011, you can join in lol

bro i was 3 in 2011, but ig i will join in