DC energy meter

akio123008
Go to solution Solved by Hackentosher,

something like this should do https://www.ebay.com/itm/281768704865

I want to monitor the production of my off-grid power system.

For the AC output of my inverter, I can simply use a regular kwh meter, but I also use the DC power directly rather often. Therefore I'm looking for an affordable device that can do this.

My problem is that most DC power meters are more geared towards power monitoring than energy metering, they do tend to have a kWh counter, but it often resets after a certain max value. Also these devices need constant power in order not to reset the counter, and have constant backlit displays etc. I'm looking for something with a counter that doesn't reset, and doesn't constantly sip standby power (so either a digital device with a non-volatile memory or a fully analog device although I don't know if the latter exists for DC).

I know I could probably rig something up with a microcontroller and some components, however I want to avoid the hassle if possible, so I thought I'd ask if anyone knows of an off the shelf device that does this. If you have a particularly elegant DIY solution though, feel free to let me know too!

6 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

something like this should do https://www.ebay.com/itm/281768704865

It looks promising. Assuming this one doesn't reset its counter after a certain value it should do the job.

Edit: Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, I've found a similar product (couldn't get that exact one where I live) and according to the specs it's exactly what I need.