Smart Home Problem... Buttons

blake.mcneely

Hi everyone,

Over the past year or so I have switched several of my lights to smart bulbs. I really love having smart lights, but controlling them with my voice or phone is getting old, and if I use the old fashioned wall switch I lose voice functionality. I know Phillips Hue and Sengled have thier own "remotes" for controlling their lights. My question is: is there a button or switch that can be used to control other brands of lights? I have a mixture of feit and smart life compatible bulbs. Is there an option for me, or do I need to switch over to another brand for this? What would you do?

Thanks!

4 minutes ago, blake.mcneely said:

Hi everyone,

Over the past year or so I have switched several of my lights to smart bulbs. I really love having smart lights, but controlling them with my voice or phone is getting old, and if I use the old fashioned wall switch I lose voice functionality. I know Phillips Hue and Sengled have thier own "remotes" for controlling their lights. My question is: is there a button or switch that can be used to control other brands of lights? I have a mixture of feit and smart life compatible bulbs. Is there an option for me, or do I need to switch over to another brand for this? What would you do?

Thanks!

https://www.casetawireless.com/products/dimmers-switches

I have the switch + remote. I dont have smart lights, but I do know that Lutron has a Network bridge that allows you to control these switches from your network. I bought this because I wanted to be able to control my light from my bed or desk without having to get up and go to the wall to do so. I myself dont have the bridge so I cant speak for the smart capabilities, I just know they are there. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.