SpeedFan not detecting motherboard?

I have been having issues with my GPU fans not working to their max. Say I was playing Half Life: Alyx, my fans wouldn't go fast enough to cool my GPU. While playing Half Life Alyx, my GPU hit 170 Degrees Fahrenheit. They used to go at full blast, but ever since I had to factory reset my PC, I haven't been able to access OC Controls (Thermal Controls) In Alienware Command Center (AWCC) and my fans won't go how ever fast enough they need to, causing my PC to overheat and literally BURN my hand on touch.

Back to SpeedFan. I have been going into the "Advanced" tab to find my motherboard chip and set the fans to be operated by software (SpeedFan in this case), but I cannot find the correct Chip, all I have in the drop down menu is "INTEL CORE at $0 on ISA", "HD0 (1024.2GB) at $0 on SCSI", and "GeForce Video Card at $0 on PCI". Nothing relates to fans or anything in that manner after selecting an option. Any Idea how to properly use this software?

2 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

Specs would help - what motherboard, CPU, and GPU are you running? SpeedFan is getting old and doesn't work very well on newer boards.

I cannot figure out what motherboard I have, I look at my System Information and all it says is "BaseBoard Version: A00" And some stuff about Alienware, my PC manufacturer.
I am using a RTX 2070 SUPER, and a Intel Core I7. Using Windows 10, 16 GB of ram. Any other needed information?

Just now, Mint7563 said:

I cannot figure out what motherboard I have, I look at my System Information and all it says is "BaseBoard Version: A00" And some stuff about Alienware, my PC manufacturer.
I am using a RTX 2070 SUPER, and a Intel Core I7. Using Windows 10, 16 GB of ram. Any other needed information?

Okay, so this is an OEM Alienware prebuilt.

Would you please press ctrl+shift+esc, which will open Task Manager, go to the performance tab and tell me what number is by your CPU? (It'll say something like Intel Core i7-1135g7 6 core CPU)

But because it has a RTX 2070S, I assume that this is a new system. 

But unfortunately speedfan stopped being developed in like 2015, so it doesn't work with new motherboards which use different chipsets with different code to control fans. It's kind of a hit or miss but it usually doesn't work.

Argus Monitor and EasyTune are good alternatives.

1 minute ago, Mel0nMan said:

Okay, so this is an OEM Alienware prebuilt.

Would you please press ctrl+shift+esc, which will open Task Manager, go to the performance tab and tell me what number is by your CPU? (It'll say something like Intel Core i7-1135g7 6 core CPU)

But because it has a RTX 2070S, I assume that this is a new system. 

But unfortunately speedfan stopped being developed in like 2015, so it doesn't work with new motherboards which use different chipsets with different code to control fans. It's kind of a hit or miss but it usually doesn't work.

Argus Monitor and EasyTune are good alternatives.

I have an I7-10750H. And yes, this is a new system. I can see your point to why SpeedFan won't work. I have heard Argus Monitor is paid, what about EasyTune?

Thanks for the help by the way. Useful information to know.

1 minute ago, Mint7563 said:

I have an I7-10750H. And yes, this is a new system. I can see your point to why SpeedFan won't work. I have heard Argus Monitor is paid, what about EasyTune?

Thanks for the help by the way. Useful information to know.

Pretty sure EasyTune is free, I'd recommend doing a bit more research because I don't know much about fan software. I use an older HP workstation, those are designed for the best possible airflow and have internal fan controllers programmable through the BIOS - I've always just used that. But yeah, I'd recommend an alternative since I heard speedfan is not supported on most Ryzen and 7000 series and above Core CPUs.

20 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

Pretty sure EasyTune is free, I'd recommend doing a bit more research because I don't know much about fan software. I use an older HP workstation, those are designed for the best possible airflow and have internal fan controllers programmable through the BIOS - I've always just used that. But yeah, I'd recommend an alternative since I heard speedfan is not supported on most Ryzen and 7000 series and above Core CPUs.

Ok ,I've searched for EasyTune and cannot find how to download it, but I'm sure it'll come up. Thanks for the help!