MiniITX? Retro games emulation HTPC

Yesterday I've finished updating mine and my girlfriend's workstations/gaming PCs and I was left with some parts. For a long time I wanted to have a dedicated emulation PC in my living room and it seems like a fun project. I'd love some recommendations for parts (and software if anyone has some experience). 

Budget (including currency): $1500

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: RetroArch, rpcs3, dolphin, cemu
(before you ask - I have all the consoles as well, including original games, just wanted sth to upscale graphics and support save states for older games).

Other details:

From spare parts I already have:
- CPU: i9 9900k
- GPU: GTX 1080 FE
- SSD: GOODRAM CX400 256GB

I could use some recommendations for a small mobo and case, but also other parts that would fit nicely in a space about the size of a PS5 (as it is the largest console I have). I don't need a ton of space since I have as NAS for that.

does the dancase a4 sfx fit your size requirements?

if yes theres a pretty big amount of documentation on their site in relation to what you can fit inside it

Looks like this would fit 🙂  Any recommendations for cooler for this case? Or any other components?

On 7/7/2021 at 12:41 PM, Chris Hasinski said:

Looks like this would fit 🙂  Any recommendations for cooler for this case? Or any other components?

the best cooler imo would be the custom 92mm aio that asetek makes specifically for this case