Dual Monitors vs Ultrawide Monitor with GTX 940 4GB

Hi, I am planning a dual monitor setup for level designing in Unreal Engine which I started recently. I had one confusion regarding the setup on whether to go for an extra monitor and make a dual monitor setup of 1920x1080 monitors or get an LG ultrawide 3440x1440 monitor to work with my GTX 960 4GB. Now, I weighed the pros and cons but there is one thing that I cannot resolve. When using two monitors, if I want to do some rendering stuff or light building in Unreal Engine, I can switch of one monitor so that the GPU only has to power one monitor and the performance would increase whereas in an ultrawide monitor, all the pixels would be powered up and there may be a decrease in performance. Is this deduction correct? Can the switching off property really affect my performance that much?

If you need more screen space on a single monitor, ultrawides are great. But for multitasking i'd almost always rather go for 2 16:9 monitors.

About your performance concern: A 2nd monitor will result in next to no extra work for your GPU. So disabling a monitor won't really give any additional performance.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

25 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

If you need more screen space on a single monitor, ultrawides are great. But for multitasking i'd almost always rather go for 2 16:9 monitors.

About your performance concern: A 2nd monitor will result in next to no extra work for your GPU. So disabling a monitor won't really give any additional performance.

Okay, so 2nd monitor does not result in extra work and won't affect my performance but will the ultrawide affect it because an ultrawide is similar to working with two monitors and both of them will simultaneously stay on?

Just now, rhsojitra said:

Okay, so 2nd monitor does not result in extra work and won't affect my performance but will the ultrawide affect it because an ultrawide is similar to working with two monitors and both of them will simultaneously stay on?

As long as you're only using 2D apps (browser, word, etc.) and not games, you won't notice any difference in performance no matter how many pixels you need to drive.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

1 minute ago, Stahlmann said:

As long as you're only using 2D apps (browser, word, etc.) and not games, you won't notice any difference in performance no matter how many pixels you need to drive.

I will need to work on Unreal Engine and sometimes Blender or Photoshop. Also, will 3D affect both the types of setups or only the ultrawide?