Keyboard suggestions (Not that kind of keyboard)

MasterJV

So I need a new keyboard piano. Ive recently been "inspired" to play again. I have a Yamaha PSR2 thats crap and doesn't have enough keys on it. I just need a couple suggestions under $150 USD. Since I have no experience with instruments and most of my family that does are the kind that buy beats and $500 cables, I wanted to see if I could get some help from you guys.

You may be asking yourself: " Why are you posting in a tech forum?" mostly because its the only forum I have a account with and I don't want to sign up for another one.

Thanks in advance for the help. Don't hesitate to ask a question or two.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

So I need a new keyboard piano. Ive recently been "inspired" to play again. I have a Yamaha PSR2 thats crap and doesn't have enough keys on it. I just need a couple suggestions under $150 USD. Since I have no experience with instruments and most of my family that does are the kind that buy beats and $500 cables, I wanted to see if I could get some help from you guys.

You may be asking yourself: " Why are you posting in a tech forum?" mostly because its the only forum I have a account with and I don't want to sign up for another one.

Thanks in advance for the help. Don't hesitate to ask a question or two.

150$ is a super low budget for an electronic keyboard. Normally I would only look at something 800$ + if you want keys that don't feel like total plasticky shit.

Definitely go the used route in your case and look at your local craigslist, ask around etc.. 

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

awhh I got super excited til I read the parenthesis

V3jNjG2.gif

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

150$ is a super low budget for an electronic keyboard. Normally I would only look at something 800$ + if you want keys that don't feel like total plasticky shit.

Definitely go the used route in your case and look at your local craigslist, ask around etc..

Thanks for the tip. Didn't know $150 was considered low budget. I'll start looking around of Craigslist. Got any suggested brands or tips for looking on Craigslist?

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

How many octaves do you want? As said above, it will be impossible to get a good non-plasticky feeling keyboard new for $150.  Yamaha or Casio are good brands. A good keyboard is generally above $700.

Sorry for the convoluted speech pattern.

How many octaves do you want? As said above, it will be impossible to get a good non-plasticky feeling keyboard new for $150.  Yamaha or Casio are good brands. A good keyboard is generally above $700.

More than the 30 I have on my psr2. I'm still looking through Craigslist, though most of them are $200 or above. I guess I'll save up a bit more and see what I can find later on.