New Network Config Recommendations

Sitk

So I'm hoping you all have some good ideas for me to implement and/or learn from. I'm assuming I need new hardware but it could be I just need to learn more about what I already have.

Current Config -

• Spectrum E31U2V1 DOCSIS 3.1 modem
  • NETGEAR Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri-band (R8000P) router/gateway/AP
  • Cisco Catalyst (WS-C2360-48TD-S) 48-Ports Managed (with 48x 1Gb RJ45 and 4x 10Gb SFP+) rack-mounted switch

My modem goes to my Netgear. My Netgear goes to the Cisco. The Netgear assigns all the LAN IPs since I don't know how to configure the Cisco to set certain devices with static addresses and allow it to give out dynamic IPs for those devices not assigned.

The reason why I am asking (and my issue) is I get a 400MB down and 20 up from Spectrum. When the modem is directly connected to my main computer the numbers are 460/22. However, when connected as mentioned above its 300/20. I'm losing 100MB. I figured I would lose some but not 100.

So, what would you recommend for a configuration that is under $500 total? I want to keep my local 10Gb connection for my Plex server, main computer and Unraid NAS. I need 24-ports and the 4 SFP+ as a minimum. The Netgear can be turned into a strictly AP device.

Thanks,

-Chad

So if you connect to a port on your router you do not get the 460/22?

AMD 5800X | Noctua NH-15

ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming | 3200MHz 16GB RAM

RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra

750W EVGA PSU

4 hours ago, Veosyn said:

So if you connect to a port on your router you do not get the 460/22?

I didn't think to try that so I just now did. I disabled the fiber connection, did a direct connect from my computer to the router using cat 6 cable. Rebooted the computer. Same result 300/21

9 minutes ago, Sitk said:

I didn't think to try that so I just now did. I disabled the fiber connection, did a direct connect from my computer to the router using cat 6 cable. Rebooted the computer. Same result 300/21

So that means the bottleneck is the router or the cable between your router and your modem.

AMD 5800X | Noctua NH-15

ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming | 3200MHz 16GB RAM

RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra

750W EVGA PSU