DS4700

Hello folks, I bought a DS4700 server, almost full rack of drives, and trying too access the device is pain staking for me. The server looks to be working ok, I was told by the IT guy who I bought th e machine from assured me that is was working, the company upgraded their old system, does anyone have any ideas, Ive tried the ip address, nah, 

So....

It probably does work.  But you've probably waded into waters you're not ready for.

That DS4700 isn't designed to be a NAS.  It's a Server array that connects with Fibre Channel to another box.  The Ethernet is for configuration / Management of the box, not for data access.

What's your experience with actual server hardware?

im learning as I go, the server below the DS4700 is like a NAS but on a larger scale, I built that myself, the purpose for the ds4700 is to continue storing movies as I get more into the system,

31 minutes ago, Dudicrous said:

im learning as I go, the server below the DS4700 is like a NAS but on a larger scale, I built that myself, the purpose for the ds4700 is to continue storing movies as I get more into the system,

Okay a few things:

1) You need to quote people if you want them to see the reply, or @tkitch them for a notification.

2) you never mentioned a server.

3) What is the total server setup you're working with?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2021 at 4:19 PM, tkitch said:

Okay a few things:

1) You need to quote people if you want them to see the reply, or @tkitch them for a notification.

2) you never mentioned a server.

3) What is the total server setup you're working with?

is a DS4700 and I have a dell poweredge r610 running centos7, running plex and a separate server I made using unraid for storing the purchased movies and that works seamlessly