Laptop Issues eee

thefamouspotato

My brother just bought a Acer Nitro 5 and we noticed that the loading on it was super slow even though it has a ryzen 7 5800h and a 3060 6gb. The only thing we have done to the computer is upgrade the ram since the ram was 8gb only and added another m.2 nvme 500gb drive in. I also made sure that i get the same megahertz ram but the ram wasn't the same brand however. I checked in the bios that the original m.2 was a kingston drive and I added a WB SN550. I myself didnt add in the extra parts but the computer store near my house did. First impressions were good and when I checked bios it showed that everything was working well and my drives and ram were connected. However the real issue came when me and my brother tried to download minecraft. He downloaded CurseForge which is like a minecraft mod that helps you to install mods on minecraft. But when we pressed download I found out that it was downloading really really slow. I didn't know how since there was good components in the laptop but then I thought it was wifi. So me and my brother checked on multiple wifi speed checking websites and it saids that our wifi is good and download speed is about 30 mbps. I don't know anything about mbps but i will assume that means that my wifi is bad? Anyways, we stop downloading it since it was taking way too long (like 1 mb per 20 seconds) and check every way to fix the issue. I found a problem that when i went on NitroSense (Acer Nitro 5 software) I saw that the temperature for the cpu and gpu was fine but the percentage (which I have no clue what it means) was spiking from 0% to 50% a lot. And now because all of this my whole family is backlashing me so anyone have any clues for me to fix this situation?

9 minutes ago, thefamouspotato said:

My brother just bought a Acer Nitro 5 and we noticed that the loading on it was super slow even though it has a ryzen 7 5800h and a 3060 6gb. The only thing we have done to the computer is upgrade the ram since the ram was 8gb only and added another m.2 nvme 500gb drive in. I also made sure that i get the same megahertz ram but the ram wasn't the same brand however. I checked in the bios that the original m.2 was a kingston drive and I added a WB SN550. I myself didnt add in the extra parts but the computer store near my house did. First impressions were good and when I checked bios it showed that everything was working well and my drives and ram were connected. However the real issue came when me and my brother tried to download minecraft. He downloaded CurseForge which is like a minecraft mod that helps you to install mods on minecraft. But when we pressed download I found out that it was downloading really really slow. I didn't know how since there was good components in the laptop but then I thought it was wifi. So me and my brother checked on multiple wifi speed checking websites and it saids that our wifi is good and download speed is about 30 mbps. I don't know anything about mbps but i will assume that means that my wifi is bad? Anyways, we stop downloading it since it was taking way too long (like 1 mb per 20 seconds) and check every way to fix the issue. I found a problem that when i went on NitroSense (Acer Nitro 5 software) I saw that the temperature for the cpu and gpu was fine but the percentage (which I have no clue what it means) was spiking from 0% to 50% a lot. And now because all of this my whole family is backlashing me so anyone have any clues for me to fix this situation?

30Mbps isn't good by any means, but it should be manageable. 

1 minute ago, Cool_Evlo said:

30Mbps isn't good by any means, but it should be manageable. 

oh what is a good speed for downloading

1 minute ago, thefamouspotato said:

oh what is a good speed for downloading

There isn't really a "Good" speed? If your getting 30Mbps, you wont get anything better unless you use a wired connection.

1 minute ago, Cool_Evlo said:

There isn't really a "Good" speed? If your getting 30Mbps, you wont get anything better unless you use a wired connection.

but do you know anything about the gpu percentage spiking or no

1 minute ago, thefamouspotato said:

but do you know anything about the gpu percentage spiking or no

Nope 😞 

54 minutes ago, thefamouspotato said:

I doubt the slow download speed is becaue of the performance of the computer. Have you tried downloading the same file on a different computer? Even a 20 year old PC should be capable of faster downloads than that, so it's most likely an issue with the connection to the server, could be on the server itself, the server farm, or your ISP, your Modem etc... If other downloads and speedtests work fine, the problem is not with your computer.

GPU percentage spiking could simply be some background program, or Windows desktop itself. When not running a 3D Application, the GPU is running in a low power mode and in this mode, even very small tasks can cause a 50% load. Should be fine and nothing to worry about.