Network Management Degree

Im thinking about going for this degree in college. I was wondering it there was anyone out there with a Network management degree and if you could have would you have gone for a different degree. Its a toss up between this degree and a programming degree. From my understanding some of the things that you can do with this degree is like tech departments at schools and business's. I would think the job out look would be really good since alot of schools (in the US) are starting to go 1 on 1 with laptops or tablets. What is you guys's take on this degree. Also from my understanding the salary starts out around 50-60k is this roughly correct. It would be an associates degree but it is at a kind of accelerated college where the only leberal arts you take is the ones you actually need so I would graduate with the same experiance of someone who got a 4 year degree at a state college but I would get it done in 16 months.  Thanks for any and all thoughts :D

Im thinking about going for this degree in college. I was wondering it there was anyone out there with a Network management degree and if you could have would you have gone for a different degree. Its a toss up between this degree and a programming degree. From my understanding some of the things that you can do with this degree is like tech departments at schools and business's. I would think the job out look would be really good since alot of schools (in the US) are starting to go 1 on 1 with laptops or tablets. What is you guys's take on this degree. Also from my understanding the salary starts out around 50-60k is this roughly correct. It would be an associates degree but it is at a kind of accelerated college where the only leberal arts you take is the ones you actually need so I would graduate with the same experiance of someone who got a 4 year degree at a state college but I would get it done in 16 months.  Thanks for any and all thoughts :D

I'm in the exact same program except mine is a bachelor's. I attend DeVry University. While I have no real world experience, I think that the field is still wide open for people. Virtualization and Linux are becoming huge in the IT world as of late. Virtualization is mostly achieved through computer networking so I expect there to be a serious need for people like me and you. From the perspective of a single person, the salary looks nice too. 

I'll keep my eyes on this thread to see who else replies.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

does anyone wanna reply who has experience in this field?