PC to TV Help

AcidStopSign
Go to solution Solved by AcidStopSign,
I'm not sure if this is a common issue but I haven't been able to find any help.
So, anytime I hook my gaming PC up to my tv and boot a game, it looses signal. The normal desktop works fine as well as web browsing and other small apps, but as soon as I boot a game it looses HDMI signal.
I normally game on a 2 monitor set up, both using DP's. One is a 1440p monitor at 144hz and the other is a cheap 4k 60hz monitor. My TV I use an HDMI cable and all my games work fine on my normal gaming monitors.
My TV is a TCL R635 65" 4k 120hz panel with HDR.
For my computer specs I have an RTX 3080, Ryzen 7 3700x, 32 gigs of 3600mhz ram, and a gold plus 850 watt power supply.
Any suggestions?
I'm not sure if this is a common issue but I haven't been able to find any help.
So, anytime I hook my gaming PC up to my tv and boot a game, it looses signal. The normal desktop works fine as well as web browsing and other small apps, but as soon as I boot a game it looses HDMI signal.
I normally game on a 2 monitor set up, both using DP's. One is a 1440p monitor at 144hz and the other is a cheap 4k 60hz monitor. My TV I use an HDMI cable and all my games work fine on my normal gaming monitors.
My TV is a TCL R635 65" 4k 120hz panel with HDR.
For my computer specs I have an RTX 3080, Ryzen 7 3700x, 32 gigs of 3600mhz ram, and a gold plus 850 watt power supply.
Any suggestions?

are you using an HDMI 2.1 cord? if so you likely need to set the HDMI input to enhanced, or whatever the setting is for TCL. no matter what cord you are using though, I would imagine messing with the HDMI input settings will fix your problem.

11 minutes ago, retroracer said:

are you using an HDMI 2.1 cord? if so you likely need to set the HDMI input to enhanced, or whatever the setting is for TCL. no matter what cord you are using though, I would imagine messing with the HDMI input settings will fix your problem.

Unfortunately I've messed with the input settings as well. My HDMI cord is rated for 2.1