Motherboard issue

my computer that me and my grandpa built lasted in 2 month and then it didin't even start so I went to my grandpa to see if we could fix it . We tried with another powersuppla and nothing was happening but ones we pulled the other powersupply back it start smoking in one of the top batteries on the moderboard. And I want help to solve this problem

51 minutes ago, KoalanS said:

my computer that me and my grandpa built lasted in 2 month and then it didin't even start so I went to my grandpa to see if we could fix it . We tried with another powersuppla and nothing was happening but ones we pulled the other powersupply back it start smoking in one of the top batteries on the moderboard. And I want help to solve this problem

When you swapped power supplies, did you also switch the cables? If they are different models then it is more than likely that they use different pinouts and something has therefore been damaged on the motherboard

finally escaped fm2+

ooh yea that could be it, thanks , but I still wanna know why my computer only lasted in 2 month or less?