GPU Cooling Question

VelikiPCguy

Hey all, apologies for a bit of a noob question. I know most top-end GPUs today come with their own cooling system, typically a set of fans attached to the GPU itself. Some come with an AIO system as well, like EVGA's Hybrid models, and I've read various forum posts stating that actually helps bring temperatures down.

How is the AIO GPU cooling different to a waterblock? Which one is more effective, which one is easier to install / maintain for a first-time builder?

Would you recommend getting one of these liquid cooling solutions for my GPU if I find it's overheating under load?

> All GPU's come with a cooler pre-installed. Higher end models (air or AIO) tend to have coolers large enough to prevent thermal throttling. Look up benchmarks of the specific card you're looking at. Bad cases can make any card thermal thottle.

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

4 minutes ago, NewwGuyy123 said:

Hey all, apologies for a bit of a noob question. I know most top-end GPUs today come with their own cooling system, typically a set of fans attached to the GPU itself. Some come with an AIO system as well, like EVGA's Hybrid models, and I've read various forum posts stating that actually helps bring temperatures down.

How is the AIO GPU cooling different to a waterblock? Which one is more effective, which one is easier to install / maintain for a first-time builder?

Would you recommend getting one of these liquid cooling solutions for my GPU if I find it's overheating under load?

it all depend on what gpu you have (a 3090 ik) , sometimes they might not make the desired product that you need , but you have a 3090 , i would go with a soft tubing custom loop with a res and a cpu block and a gpu block , you would get WAY better tems if you went witha soft custom loop.

i5-9400f

corsair 16gb (2x8) kit + 4x1 gb microsoft stick both 2666

asrock b350m pro4 lga 1151 

intel ax-210 wifi card

msi rx 580 8gb 

nzxt h510 airflow case white

650w thermaltake gold

512gb nvme 

1tb wd blue

1tb seagate external

An AIO cooler just cools the GPU Core.  It won't cool any other part of the card.  It also doesn't require a custom loop to use.

A full card waterblock will hit RAM, MOSFETs, power delivery, etc.

ALSO WHY ARE YOU CONSTANTLY MAKING THE SAME TOPIC OVER AND OVER