Linus watercooling guide problem

Hi huys i recently watched linus's ultimate watercooling guide.In part 1 he tests the cpu and gpu on an open testbench for defects before he starts the build and installs the watercooling to avoid having to take it all apart after. Common sense. One thing i noticed is the gpu he tested was air cooled, but the card he uses for the build is an evga hydrocopper card. So how do you stress test an evga hydro copper card without all the water gear installed first?

Intel I7 2600k @ 4.5ghz, Asetek 510 LC Xtremegear liquid cooling system, PALIT GTX 780 Super Jetstream OC, 8Gb Kingston Hyper X blu series 1600mhz, 64Gb Crucial M4 series SATA III Gaming MLC SSD, 1TB Western Digital HDD 6.0gb/s,  Asus P8z68-v Pro Motherboard, Corsair Vengance K90 Keyboard,950Watt Cyberpower PSU, Cyborg RAT 5 ,  Coolermaster CM 690II case, Dell Ultrasharp U2412M 1920 x 1200

Hi huys i recently watched linus's ultimate watercooling guide.In part 1 he tests the cpu and gpu on an open testbench for defects before he starts the build and installs the watercooling to avoid having to take it all apart after. Common sense. One thing i noticed is the gpu he tested was air cooled, but the card he uses for the build is a hydrocopper. So how do you stress test a hydro copper card without all the water gear installed?

Unfortunately you can't :(

I see, so do you just take a gamble and go and install it, or do you build a test loop first?

Intel I7 2600k @ 4.5ghz, Asetek 510 LC Xtremegear liquid cooling system, PALIT GTX 780 Super Jetstream OC, 8Gb Kingston Hyper X blu series 1600mhz, 64Gb Crucial M4 series SATA III Gaming MLC SSD, 1TB Western Digital HDD 6.0gb/s,  Asus P8z68-v Pro Motherboard, Corsair Vengance K90 Keyboard,950Watt Cyberpower PSU, Cyborg RAT 5 ,  Coolermaster CM 690II case, Dell Ultrasharp U2412M 1920 x 1200

I see, so do you just take a gamble and go and install it, or do you build a test loop first?

Just build a whole loop. Knowing EVGA it will work. ;)

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Ok thats great because im hoping to get one soon. Thanks

the idea is that those pre-installed cards are guaranteed to work but if your putting the block on yourself to check the card is working properly before pulling the card apart and voiding the warranty (EVGA has a clause that makes them more wc friendly)

Yeah i see your point thankyou