VR for 4 Setup?

BelligerentMonk

I went with the wife and kids to play at an arcade, we played 4 man VR. It costed $5 per person per turn, so we spent $20, and gave it a try. The wife (who gets vertigo easily), enjoyed it very much. Hearing this made me brainstorm, resulting in the question of; How much would I have to spend, to have the same experience of all 4 of us playing the same game at the same time. I also may need to consider how much space to make available for this project. 

So far, I have the idea of possibly buying a prebuilt or two, or four. But the specifics are over my head. Also, is there anything else I need to consider?

You would need a PC for each headset. Best thing to do is decide on a headset first and build a system around it.

Probably the first thing you should do is look at what specific games you would be interested in playing and decide if it's worth it or not.

Thanks, for that. 

I know I'd likely be trying to push the limits of what games are available with my 10 yo. If there are any competitive games for VR. So maybe the primary and the second will have more power, and the other two will be more average builds. But I'll start looking at games and requirements. Thanks. 

As for headsets, well I guess I'll be looking at what's on the market.

I've been watching LTT since they water-cooled the room in the house. So I have seen several VR systems. But I haven't owned anything VR related.

49 minutes ago, BelligerentMonk said:

Will I need 4 separate VR Kits?

I didn't even think about tracking. I don't think any system can track multiple headsets. So there are two options:

1. Make 4 different "room" setups

2. Get headsets with inside-out tracking

Option 2 is probably the way to go.