PCPartPicker Completed Build Link

Budget - $1300

Country - USA

Build Uses - Gaming, Streaming, Video Editing, and Content Creation

Parts Showcase ssb4.thumb.png.272ce5e2747f9f0779cba6652246f000.png Interior RGB 1

BUILD SPECS - Ryzen 9 3900X, NH-U14S, G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 x 16GB) 3200MHz RAM, 1TB 970 EVO, 2TB (2 x 1TB) 860 EVO, MSI RTX 2060 SUPER GAMING X, Corsair iCUE 465X RGB ATX Mid-Tower case, Corsair RMx (2018) 750W 80+ Gold PSU, Corsair LL120 RGB fans (3-Pack), Corsair ML140 RGB fans (2-Pack).

CPU Idle Temp - 40°C, CPU Load Temp - 62°C, GPU Idle Temp - 37°C, GPU Load Temp - 71°C

BUILD NOTES - The iCUE 465X RGB case was tricky to build in, for a few reasons. The bigger CPU cooler and the top case fans being really close to each other, made mounting the cpu cooler fans a little interesting. Ultimately had to make sure the PWM splitter was installed and set up first. The ML140 RGB fans for the CPU cooler were next to have their fan clips set up and cables routed above the motherboard. Finally the top case fans had their cables routed above the motherboard. Case fans were then installed first, and then the cpu cooler fans.

BUILD DESCRIPTION - This is a personal build upgrade, and I use my computer for gaming, streaming, video editing, and content creation. I originally had the idea for this upgrade, after upgrading a relatives build last year. I also noticed that with the 2700X & 2.5” SATA SSDs in my previous personal build, I wasn’t getting the desired performance that I was looking for (both in gaming and video editing/rendering). I did some research on the new CPU’s, and looked at performance and everything. With pricing and availability what it is, I thought that it was a great time to get a 3900X, for a solid upgrade even in 2021.

The RAM, storage (2.5" SSDs), GPU, and PSU were brought over from the previous build, with everything else being new from Amazon & MicroCenter. So far with this build, I’ve noticed much smoother and faster boot and shutdown times as well, thanks to the new CPU and the Samsung M.2 NVME SSD.

The CPU fans are the ML140 RGB fans, and I have those connected to a sleeved PWM splitter that I picked up from MicroCenter. The RGB part is controlled by the included Lighting Node Pro and RGB HUB. The case fans are all connected to the Commander Pro and another Lighting Node Pro. Mounting and connecting all of the case fans was easy, but the cable management was a pain in the butt. If you mount these devices at the back of your case, cable management won’t be too much of a problem. I have the Commander Pro and Lighting Node Pro, for the case fans, mounted underneath the PSU shroud, so cable management was a little tricky there. Also, the front CPU cooler fan was re-adjusted after the photos were taken, as I noticed it was a bit crooked.

In gaming, the CPU stays around the same as the usual load temps that I get with multitasking and video editing. I may repaste the graphics card however, as the usual load temps average around 58°C outside of gaming, and go up to 71°C in gaming.

All temps listed are with D.O.C.P. (XMP) enabled, and PBO disabled.

BTW I do have the Noctua NA-HC5 in the pictures, but I ended up not using it. Both didn’t see an ultimate need for it, and it would’ve also increased the Noctua cooler’s height to 172mm, which was not applicable to my case.

Edited by GeorgeMKane

Am I still to create the perfect system?! ~ Clu

Keep your expectations low, boy, and you will never be disappointed. ~ Kratos

• 4 months later...

September 2021 UPDATE: Got a good one out of the EVGA queue. Since I continue to play games at 1080p and do my other tasks like video editing and such, it seemed like a decent upgrade from the RTX 2060 SUPER. I now have the RTX 2060 SUPER as a backup, as well. I added a 3rd 2.5" SSD, the 1TB 870 EVO, and I also went with better thermal paste, the NT-H2. I am noticing reduced temperatures already.

This upgrade cost about $515, before shipping and taxes.

This will hopefully be my last upgrade for a long time... Most likely will happen only once more in the distant future, if and when my name gets pulled for a 3070Ti or 3080 or something, in the EVGA queue.

rtx3060upgrade_1.png

rtx3060upgrade_2.png

Edited by GeorgeMKane

• 1 year later...

I never updated this for some odd reason, but I have updated my build several times since my last update post.

August 2022: Got the NVIDIA Founders Edition RTX 3070Ti, Corsair RMx (2021) 1000W 80+ Gold PSU, and the Commander Core XT. Didn't really have to swap for the Commander Core XT, because I think it used the same amount of headers on the motherboard. Just wanted a bit better cable management, and it wasn't much money.

December 2022: Gave the 24" MSI monitor to a relative, and bought an ASUS 27" 1440p (170hz) monitor. The VG27AQL1A over the VG27AQ is a no brainer, especially if your desk space is weird like mine is. 

March 2023 Epilogue: Upgraded from a headset mic to the Yeti X, and the results have been amazing! Definitely going to keep buying microphones like these in the future. I will be upgrading from the wired USB headset to better headphones soon too.

rtx3070ti1.thumb.jpg.b9df6c98e71f221d343b03932d9b4cf3.jpg rtx3070ti2.jpg.d8c019dae92b35157aa3bb512ea0dec3.jpg