This is more of a pissy vent then anything else but some help would be appreciated if anyone has any suggestions.

At home we had a wireless HP Envy 4500 that, used to, print fine when plugged directly into a computer but never worked wirelessly. My setup is on the other side of the house so I really wanted the wireless functionality and decided to set up an old computer as a print server. I troubleshooted plenty of problems with this computer and finally got Ubuntu on it and set it up as a print server. I pulled a document up on my main Maci to print annddd the printer just didn't dispense any ink onto the page. I troubleshooted this thing for days and got punted from robot to robot when contacting HP support so I just threw my hands up and replaced it with an old LaserJet p2055dn someone threw out. This printer works fine but after setting it up in the living room the computer functioning as the print server has decided it will no longer connect to the internet and I can't get it to work now. I'm very frustrated as I've never used a printer that didn't suck and at every single point something could go wrong while setting up this print server it did.

Also in the time it took me to scream a bunch and wright this the computer magically fixed itself. Also when I rebooted the machine the screen did this crap.

I should probably specify that I'd like some advice on how I could get the old printer to work again so I can give it to somebody and it doesn't just go on a landfill and why on Earth I was having the problems I was having, I'm clueless.

Edited by herorareheart
Improved post.