3d printer extruder problem.

2DPrinter

Hey all, 
So, I can't even take my filament out of my extruder. It keeps making this slipping sound whenever I try and take it out. I attached a video of the problem so you could understand it better. I have a Monoprice Select Mini Pro. 
I am guessing the extruder can't grip my filament good enough or something.. 

Any help would be appreciated!! 

1 hour ago, BakxY said:

Is your extruder even heated to the needed temperature?

uhhh.. I am new to 3d printing lol. I thought for taking filament out you don't have to have it heated??

Noooooo, your hot end needs to be heated. Because if you don't the plastic will stick to the parts inside the hot end. Just heat it up to about 200 °C if you have a PLA filament or 230 °C if you have ABS filament. If you use anything different just look on the box for the recommended temperature. Everybody makes mistakes.

If you want to get into 3D printing, I would recommend you to watch some YouTube videos about 3D printing, you can learn a ton of things from those.

16 minutes ago, BakxY said:

Noooooo, your hot end needs to be heated. Because if you don't the plastic will stick to the parts inside the hot end. Just heat it up to about 200 °C if you have a PLA filament or 230 °C if you have ABS filament. If you use anything different just look on the box for the recommended temperature. Everybody makes mistakes.

If you want to get into 3D printing, I would recommend you to watch some YouTube videos about 3D printing, you can learn a ton of things from those.

Thank you so much lol! Yes, I am trying to learn some things from a 3d printing book.