Gaming/work PC

Budget : INR 200,000   (approx.  USD 2.7k)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:  AUTODESK MAYA,  AFTER EFFECTS, CINEMA 4D, CS:GO, CYBERPUNK 2077

Other details : I have a B450 MSI tomahawk lying around with a Ryzen 7 3800x. I have a borrowed gtx 750 from my cousin as I sold my RTX 2060 in hopes that I'd find a rx 6000 series card.  I also have an existing asus ProArt PA278QV from my employer,  along with das mechanical keyboard and corsair glaive pro mouse. I want a second monitor for my gaming needs, with a 144hz refresh rate. I am used to 1440p resolution, but a 1080p monitor would also work. Also I have a 4TB WD black HDD that contains all my project files and footages. I need a gen 3 SSD cause I don't think that gen 4 SSD is worth for me atm. 

6000 Series is getting battered pretty hard right now, so your best option is probably a 3060 Ti or 3070; Either will run you about $700 & $900 respectively right now. Your mobo and CPU are fine as long as you have a decent aftermarket cooler on the 3800X, but keep in mind that B450 boards only support PCIe 3.0 across the board, so anything newer than RX 500 or RTX 20 is going to be a bit nerfed. One great option for a monitor that I'm actually planning on buying myself is this. Samsung, Crucial, and PNY are the top dogs for M.2s right now, all of which hover around $0.17/GB for Gen 3. If you manage all that, your experience across the board should be great for 1440p.

the pc guy

9 minutes ago, Forleb said:

6000 Series is getting battered pretty hard right now, so your best option is probably a 3060 Ti or 3070; Either will run you about $700 & $900 respectively right now. Your mobo and CPU are fine as long as you have a decent aftermarket cooler on the 3800X, but keep in mind that B450 boards only support PCIe 3.0 across the board, so anything newer than RX 500 or RTX 20 is going to be a bit nerfed. One great option for a monitor that I'm actually planning on buying myself is this. Samsung, Crucial, and PNY are the top dogs for M.2s right now, all of which hover around $0.17/GB for Gen 3. If you manage all that, your experience across the board should be great for 1440p.

3070s and 3060tis go for around $1400 and $1500 atm. Not 700 and 900.

Also if your talking about the best Gen 3 SSDS, why not mention

-Sabrent

-WD

-Kingston

?

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

49 minutes ago, Downkey said:

3070s and 3060tis go for around $1400 and $1500 atm. Not 700 and 900.

Also if your talking about the best Gen 3 SSDS, why not mention

-Sabrent

-WD

-Kingston

?

Yeah I'm aware they go that high on like eBay and Amazon, but there are a few sources out there like MC and Newegg that stay around my listed prices.

Those 3 are also good, I just didn't want to list too many and make it more complicated.

the pc guy