PC does not shut down

icy3309

Hello everyone, 

Ive had that problem for a while now, everytime I try to shut down my PC, the lights and the PC turn off but it turns on again instantly and reboots. Nothing that I found online seems to work. Any ideas how to fix the problem?

Interestingly, when I try to shut it down after it had been running for only a few secons, everything works fine. But when I use it for a while, it returns into that endless reboot instead of shutdown cycle. 

I have tried everything so far, nothing has worked. 

A few ideas: 

-  Some program starts a short time after the boot and failes to start/close correctly which forces the PC to reboot bc of the crash. 

- I changed motherboards with a cheap windows install and although I set up Windows to work with my MB, something keeps trying to verify it and stops it from shutting down

- I can share a screenshot of the event viewer after a failed shutdown, maybe someone finds the programm that keeps causing trouble

My PC:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/nDZYZZ

I can not guarantee that its a software problem, could be anything tbh. 

Any help is appreciated,

Icy3309

Had the same problem. Found myself just aborting the restart.

I no longer have the problem though, it randomly dissapeared.

Less than Ideal considered windows and your motherboard will often complain about you not shutting down properly, but have you considered just turning it off and on at the PSU or hooking into a power strip and turning that off and on? 

This has been my go to shutdown method for as long as I can remember. Open run (Win Key + R) and type this: 

shutdown -f -s -t 02

This will simply force a shutdown after 2 seconds of running it. Try if this will work for you.