thoughts and changes?

Budget (£2000): 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 4K gorgeous gaming at maybe very high settings, krita and discord (of course 😉)

Pc part picker list: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/poke_fred/saved/#view=xjPvjX

Notes: I don't want case, ram and graphics card to be changed

when I saw the 4000x it was like love at first sight (strange way too put it but don't know how else to phrase it)

then the ram kind of grew on me and I want it SOOO bad and the graphics card I want because it keeps at around

60C at Max settings + ray tracing while other cards are like 70C plus I obsess a bit over cooling by the way the motherboard

can change but I like the look a lot and btw two more things about it one is got a good price with Wi-Fi 6, spots for 2 m.2's, is compatible with the ports and stuff and

is compatible with zen 3 processors (even though it says it might need a bios update I checked the website and it says is compatible with zen 3)

also last thing I have a Seagate 2tb hard drive in my current system so gonna transfer that over

also RGB RGB RGB RGB RGB RGB RGB RGB RGB RGB RGB RGB RGB RGB RGB what am I doing XD

btw bit of a noob just saying

family member got me the hd120 btw

btw you can go over like £100 with the budget (peripheral don't count to the budget btw don't change them)

just get a cheaper kb, you can build your own for that price

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Rack Project (Build log link)

Spoiler

(just get a cheaper kb) you mean the m.2 right?

thx for the assistance but as I said I love the case but the ryzen 7 zen 3 might be an interesting choice might have to see also guess any m.2 will do since is gonna be covered anyway might think about it

edit: I will probably never need to upgrade from 32 GB of ram ever so populating all the slots is the better choice for me (I know am a noob but I am doing my research)

The thing that really occurs to me is the number of RGB programs you'll need.

Corsair's iCue only really works well with Asus Aura sync Mobos. G.Skill ram I don't think is compatible either. So for the ease of controlling RGB more easily I'd be suggesting you sub out the motherboard for an Asus one, and perhaps (I know you don't want to) the RAM too. I'd suggest: TUF GAMING B550-PLUS|Motherboards|ASUS United Kingdom and a £15 wifi adapter. I've had decent results with my TPLink one, but then my router is a TP-Link too...though I have a twenty metre ethernet running to my rig these days.

I know that switching the Motherboard for ease of RGB usage seems trival and silly, but honestly it really bugged me for ages that AsRock Polychrome, G-Hub, & iCue don't play nice. I won't lie, I may have used a voucher from a recent birthday to switch out a perfectly good logitech mouse for a corsair one, so that my desk lighting setup worked nicely. (I have it breathing between blue and purple so it's very simple). I get that the G.Skill look amazing, and iirc they make really good ram, but if you're going for a specific colour scheme or lighting style it might be worth looking for a different brand. Just a thought.

I used to work as a tech and consultant, now I've become an odd person who plays dress-up and calls themselves a theatre maker.

My Rig: Ryzen 5 3600 | AsRock B450 Pro4 | Corsair Vengence RGB Pro 16GB 3200Mhz | Asus TUF GeForce 1660 Super OC | Corsair Carbide 175r | XPG Core Reactor 750W
Keyboard Corsair K55 | Mouse Corsair Harpoon | Sound AKG 52 Headphones,

I do have a rog motherboard in my pc so maybe you're right I will probably have to see (btw there is no RGB in my pc because the family member that made it is very anti RGB lel I mean the RGB thing is covered by the graphics well I guess the graphics card dose have a screen for RGB lel anyway thx for the tip oh yea and the hd120's RGB can't be powered because I have no USB cable also I HATE NON MODULAR POWER SUPPLYS!!!)

edit: gonna have to keep the motherboard the cheapest ROG one I can find with wifi 6 is like £30 more and is not compatible with the case properly meaning I would need there £200 one so yeeee BIG OUF (you only get that if you watched rog reboot lol)

24 minutes ago, Poke fred said:

I do have a rog motherboard in my pc so maybe you're right I will probably have to see (btw there is no RGB in my pc because the family member that made it is very anti RGB lel I mean the RGB thing is covered by the graphics card lel anyway thx for the tip oh yea and the hd120's RGB can't be powered because I have no USB cable also I HATE NON MODULAR POWER SUPPLYS!!!)

edit: gonna have to keep the motherboard the cheapest ROG one I can find with wifi 6 is like £30 more and is not compatible with the case properly meaning I would need there £200 one so yeeee BIG OUF (you only get that if you watched rog reboot lol)

Just had a bit of a play, and using your numbers for the GPU and Fans, the total cost of this list is £2274.57 (It does remove the G.Skill though.

Just some food for thought. Seriously, there's nothing wrong with a PCIe wireless card. They work just fine and often are a cheaper option.

I used to work as a tech and consultant, now I've become an odd person who plays dress-up and calls themselves a theatre maker.

My Rig: Ryzen 5 3600 | AsRock B450 Pro4 | Corsair Vengence RGB Pro 16GB 3200Mhz | Asus TUF GeForce 1660 Super OC | Corsair Carbide 175r | XPG Core Reactor 750W

nice parts list but honestly I will come to a solution eventually to keep everything but yea nice job

15 minutes ago, Poke fred said:

nice parts list but honestly I will come to a solution eventually to keep everything but yea nice job

No worries, as I said, just food for thought. Go with what works for you.