First hackintosh/customac build!

TheUnicornMan

I'm gonna try to keep this log as clean and easy to read and find the updates I make to it by putting the date of each entry in BOLD UNDERLINED

Januray 7th 2013

So this is the time, building regular computers is a thing I mastered (Kinda sorta) and I'm now moving onto building my first hackintosh or customac. This is gonna be a log of my part from beggining to end. I will be refering throught this guide to tonymacx86's site: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.ca.

So here is my first shopping list, subject to changes but I'm buying my parts this week for sure.

CPU: i5-3570K

Motherboard: Gigabye GA-Z77-DS3H

HDD: 1 tera Western digital green (not sure if compatible)

SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120 GB

Case: Corsair C70 (Yay NCIX boxing day!)

RAM: 8 GB G.Skill sniper 2133mhz or 16 GB G.Skill ares 1866mhz (I already own both)

PSU: Rosewill 630W modular

Optical: I dunno, maybe none and instal from usb disk

OS: I don't know much about Apple OS, stay tuned for an update

This is as far as I am right now, this is mostly based off tonymacx86's parts list. I'm gonna do some research on different mobos and CPU but this particular combination seems to be all natively supported by mac.

For HDD and SSD compatibility I'm gonna have to look into that, I don't like to talk about stuff I don't master with the internet and it's wikipedia warriors but it seems to have some problems between the different size of sectors. I'm also gonna look into a graphics card, NVIDIA 6XX series is supported, might be waiting for AMD's 8000 series by end of january.

• 2 weeks later...

I've actually built an ITX Hackintosh, however it is with last generations hardware. But I can tell you it is worth it. The machine is far more powerful than a mac mini and even a new iMac.

I've linked a description of my build for your viewing pleasure

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K | Case: Bitfenix Prodigy | Motherboard: GA-H61N-USB3 | RAM: Corsair 8GB 1333 MHz Video CardEVGA GTX 660 Superclocked 2GB DDR5

Power Supply: Corsair CX 430 | SSD: Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: 2X Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200rpm | Monitor Asus PB238Q & Asus PB278Q

Mouse: Lenovo N50 | Keyboard: Apple Pro Keyboard | Operating Systems: Hackintosh OS X 10.8.5 & Windows 8.1

I just built a Mini ITX i5 3570K and gigabyte z77n-wifi Hackintosh. Not everything is working but I think I did something wrong with the installation of OS X. I'm also thinking of adding a GTX 650ti.

• 3 weeks later...

So the build goes down the drain, Realised I didn't need a mac, so sold it :D