Upgrading my first ever build

Budget (including currency): £200-£300?

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Few older games and smaller titles, Adobe Desiger etc

Other details

Hi, I built my first PC many years ago partly through boredom and wanting a challenge and also to see if I could do it. However my budget was limted then and looking back on it i think i made a few mistakes. It still runs fine and have since upgrade the HDD to an SSD but wonderred if peopl;e could recommernd any minor upgrades to make it just that bit more up to date and able to run a few more minor games titles as currently i thjink it would struggle to run Minesweeper. Other than the odd game it's used for low end photoshop work and music editing.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/FfMyNP is a link to a list of my current set up. I could not find what cooler I have but it is a very generic one to say the least.

Any advice would be gratefully received

Thanks

pc parts list.jpg

You can save money by getting a windows 10 copy which is free if you have any windows device and use that money to get more ram or better cpu ( ryzen 3 3100)  or more storage .

4 hours ago, Mags0616 said:

Budget (including currency): £200-£300?

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Few older games and smaller titles, Adobe Desiger etc

Other details

Hi, I built my first PC many years ago partly through boredom and wanting a challenge and also to see if I could do it. However my budget was limted then and looking back on it i think i made a few mistakes. It still runs fine and have since upgrade the HDD to an SSD but wonderred if peopl;e could recommernd any minor upgrades to make it just that bit more up to date and able to run a few more minor games titles as currently i thjink it would struggle to run Minesweeper. Other than the odd game it's used for low end photoshop work and music editing.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/FfMyNP is a link to a list of my current set up. I could not find what cooler I have but it is a very generic one to say the least.

Any advice would be gratefully received

Thanks

pc parts list.jpg

If you want you can get CPU like FX8350, but in my opinion it's not worth. Mainly watch for GPU, your PSU will hold even most powerful GPU's. I recomend changing gpu to GTX 1060 3 GB -> GTX 1060 6GB if you have more money. Selling actual mobo with 6300 and ram will be a good idea, you will have more budget for upgrade.

Then you can go with:

• GTX 1060
  • Ryzen CPU (If you have money i reccomend getting a R5 3600)
  • B450M Motherboard
  • 16GB 3200MHz RAM

I'm here to help you out with some basic tasks, I'm still learning some things, so don't belive I can solve everything 😉

I'm collecting all type of hardware - 90% of my collection is a LGA775 stuff rest is some 2010's Era

Hit me up on discord if you want to talk more

heli #1337

2 hours ago, Helly Benchmarking said:
  • GTX 1060
  •  

You cant get this for a reasonable price right now

2 hours ago, Helly Benchmarking said:
  • Ryzen CPU (If you have money i reccomend getting a R5 3600)
  •  

Why not Intel? The 11400(f) is a wayyy better performer for cheaper.

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Rack Project (Build log link)

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, davemc said:

You cant get this for a reasonable price right now

Why not Intel? The 11400(f) is a wayyy better performer for cheaper.

Like i told you in second post you have commented, in my country there is no pc parts so i can't be sure what you can get in idk us or canada. We don't have 11gens on stock 🙂

GTX 1060 3GB is 185$ in my country rn, so it's not that much change what i saw after pc parts prizes change.

I'm here to help you out with some basic tasks, I'm still learning some things, so don't belive I can solve everything 😉

I'm collecting all type of hardware - 90% of my collection is a LGA775 stuff rest is some 2010's Era

heli #1337

1 minute ago, Helly Benchmarking said:

Like i told you in second post you have commented, in my country there is no pc parts so i can't be sure what you can get in idk us or canada. We don't have 11gens on stock 🙂

Just use PCPartPicker and then in the top right select any country to see those prices.

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Rack Project (Build log link)

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, davemc said:

Just use PCPartPicker and then in the top right select any country to see those prices.

Ah sorry i don't saw that he told that he's living in UK, my bad.

heli #1337

4 minutes ago, Helly Benchmarking said:

GTX 1060 3GB is 185$ in my country rn, so it's not that much change what i saw after pc parts prizes change.

Your country does not translate to the prices of the parts in another country or region. OP is asking for a UK list, so please don't use the prices of parts in your country as a reference. use uk.pcpartpicker.com

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

look for an r9 290 off ebay or CEX and a better PSU. maybe some extra ram or an 8-core FX chip for adobe but it's still not gonna run that well.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W