Possible power supply problems

nemesis2219

Hi guys I am new to LTT and today I had some unusual Fps drops. Today I was playing Euro truck simulator 2 with graphics settings at max and it played fine for the first hour and a half then all of a sudden I noticed major FPS drops. So I started FRAPS and my Fps was 15-23 fps then I started GPU-Z and I was getting VRel/VOp  intermittently at the same time and my voltage was fluctuating a lot and GPU-Z recorded a minimum of 0.0000v for a second then it was back up. The GPU was only about 40% TDP It also seems to struggle running GTA V as it struggles to maintain 60FPS. It was doing it in 3D mark at first but then it settled down again. I have also had issues in the past with coil whine coming from the PSU then after I rebooted my system it stopped. It seems like my GPU is not running to it's full potential and is it possible that the PSU is starting to die. When I upgraded my GPU I Used DDU to make sure all my old GPU's drivers were gone and I am  running the latest drivers.

My specs are as follows

I7 6700K 

RTX 2080 super 

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Duel channel at 3200mhz 

PSU is a Corsair hx1050 which is at least 5 years old not sure on total age as it was brought refurbished from scan.co.uk 

the system is cooled by a water cooling loop. I checked my GPU temps and there around 40 degrees. 

When you have psu problem usually it would just crash.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

My Understanding for VRel/VOp is Video Resolution issue, for the first one. Are you playing in 4k?  But seems to be power...
What about the drivers? Are you overclocking it as well?