Retro Gaming help

Percules

I want to get into retro gaming. Looking for a retro gaming console and handheld. I kind of want a all-in one solution.

For console I was looking into the retro pi but it's hard to run heavy games like god of war. Just want to know if anything is better than getting a raspberry pi and getting retro pi. 

For handheld I just want something that can run games on a nice screen like Pokémon or donkey Kong or Mario games.

Also is there anything better than retro arch for my pc? 

For handheld emulation I would recommend the Retroid Pocket 2. It’s about $85 US and can emulate N64 and PSP pretty well (IDK about Chains of Olimpus you might have to look into that). As for emulating on your TV there is not a lot of reputable brands making stuff for this purpose but you could go out and buy one of those mini PCs. If you end up deciding to get a mini PC go watch a channel on YouTube called ETAPrime as he has a LOT of videos covering a ton of mini PCs mainly from an emulation standpoint.

9 minutes ago, Misguided Penguin said:

For handheld emulation I would recommend the Retroid Pocket 2. It’s about $85 US and can emulate N64 and PSP pretty well (IDK about Chains of Olimpus you might have to look into that). As for emulating on your TV there is not a lot of reputable brands making stuff for this purpose but you could go out and buy one of those mini PCs. If you end up deciding to get a mini PC go watch a channel on YouTube called ETAPrime as he has a LOT of videos covering a ton of mini PCs mainly from an emulation standpoint.

Thanks for the suggestion about the handheld. Looks nice definitely going to get it. I don't care about chains of Olympus on handheld but looking online it looks like it supports it so thats a plus. If I get a mini pc what would I be using? Raspberry has Retropi so do I get that or something else?

37 minutes ago, Percules said:

Thanks for the suggestion about the handheld. Looks nice definitely going to get it. I don't care about chains of Olympus on handheld but looking online it looks like it supports it so thats a plus. If I get a mini pc what would I be using? Raspberry has Retropi so do I get that or something else?

You can get windows mini PCs that use real Intel / AMD CPUs and then just use a USB controller and emulators like PCSX2 for PS2 or dolphin for GameCube / Wii (be warned though most cheaper mini PCs are not strong enough for that level of emulation).

• 4 months later...

Launchbox/bigbox is a beautiful front end for your rom collection on a windows/ Linux pc. As for powerful consoles I would recommend either a mini pc, second hand optiplex or a nvidia shield, depending on your preference. For handhelds, there are so many and I agree that you should watch ETA Prime on youtube. He showcases everything you're asking about.