Reseating cooler without replacing relatively fresh thermal paste

Yout

I built my new PC yesterday and this morning I realized that I only used half the thermal paste that came with my cooler and without thinking I removed the cooler, added in the rest of the paste and reseated it. Only after I did everything did I realize that it was probably not a great idea 😔. I'm using a 5600x and right now my idle temp's range from 35-40C, regular use ranges from 40-50C and blender benchmarks went as far as 64C. I think I should be okay, but wanted some opinions on whether these temps are still okay and if I should buy and replace the thermal paste that's currently being used.

12 minutes ago, Yout said:

I'm using a 5600x and right now my idle temp's range from 35-40C, regular use ranges from 40-50C and blender benchmarks went as far as 64C.

Those sound like pretty good temperatures (especially your idle temps) for a 5600X. Just order another tube of thermal paste in the future as it's only a couple bucks and should last a couple years, two to three, if unused. 

What are the rest of the specs like and for load situations, what's your frequencies like?

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

You're definitely fine. I wouldn't worry about those temps at all, and given you added more, fresh thermal paste you shouldn't have a problem at all. If anything my only concern would be that you have too much paste, but with temps like that I'd say it's a non-issue.

REMEMBER:

IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND, YOU GOTTA QUOTE ME 

OR

PUT @Fixinit1 IN YOUR RESPONSE!!!!!

Gosh, I hate it when people forget. Anyway, check out my PC below, and there's a PCPartPicker link on my profile, If you wanna see what I'm planning.

Spoiler

SYSTEM SPECS: Finally ditched the Pentium N3540, now I've got the following:

CPU - Ryzen 5 2400G

GPU - 1060 6GB Gigabyte G1 Gaming

RAM - 16GB DDR4 3000mhz Team T-Force Delta RGB

MOTHERBOARD - MSI B350 Tomahawk

PSU - EVGA 450BT

CASE - PHANTEKS  P350X

19 minutes ago, SpiderMan said:

Those sound like pretty good temperatures (especially your idle temps) for a 5600X. Just order another tube of thermal paste in the future as it's only a couple bucks and should last a couple years, two to three, if unused. 

What are the rest of the specs like and for load situations, what's your frequencies like?

Sounds good, thanks! I'm running the 5600x with a Dark Rock Pro 4 (probably a little overkill 😅) and a 6800XT. In blender the frequencies hovered around 4100-4600 MHz and in prime95 they were usually at a stable 4200MHz all according to Ryzen Master, I think these are okay?

19 minutes ago, TheStyne said:

You're definitely fine. I wouldn't worry about those temps at all, and given you added more, fresh thermal paste you shouldn't have a problem at all. If anything my only concern would be that you have too much paste, but with temps like that I'd say it's a non-issue.

Got it. Thanks!

1 minute ago, Yout said:

Sounds good, thanks! I'm running the 5600x with a Dark Rock Pro 4 and a 6800XT. In blender the frequencies hovered around 4100-4600 MHz and in prime95 they were usually at a stable 4200MHz all according to Ryzen Master, I think these are okay?

Got it. Thanks!

That's pretty good actually! I wouldn't worry about it at all and enjoy your new system. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

That should be fine unless the paste is fairly old. Any excess paste will be squeezed out when mounting the cooler and over time with thermal cycling. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.