Mid Range Build for entry video editing

LoGaL

Hello all,

I would like some help to select parts for my girlfriend's pc. On top of the usual activities, she also does sound editing and entry to "high entry" level video editing. The initial budget is on the order of 1000 euro. We are located in europe.

I am not experienced in video editing requirements, but I figured out that for entry level what you need is a reasonable processor, enough ram and some good drive on which  you can  write stuff fast enough.  A  beefy GPU is not required, it just accelerates the rendering of some effects. If this is right, I want to aim for a processor with integrated graphic card. Given the budget, probably at the moment intel is the better choice, even with those new AMD processors with integrated GPU.

As an initial guess, this is what I selected. If you see something terribly wrong or adjustments you think might be good, just suggest, the post here is for that. 

ATX

Component Selection Price in Euro
CPU Intel i5 11400 180
Motherboard Asus Prime B560 Plus 130
RAM Corsair LPX 16 Gb 3200 Mhz 90
Storage 1  ( Operating System, Programs,  Writing) Samsung 970 evo plus 500GB 85
Storage 2 (Actual Storing, stuff gets moved there after encoding) Seagate Barracuda 2TB 60
CPU cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition 35
PSU Corsair RMx 550W 80
Case Fractal design Meshify C 80
WIFI-Bluetooth Adapter Tp-Link Archer TX3000E 45
Windows Windows 145
Screen + Mouse + God Knows What TBD Estimated 150
TOTAL   1080

Micro-ATX

Component Selection Price in Euro
CPU Intel i5 11400 180
Motherboard Asus Prime B560-M 125
RAM Corsair LPX 16 Gb 3200 Mhz 90
Storage 1  ( Operating System, Programs,  Writing) Samsung 970 evo plus 500GB 85
Storage 2 (Actual Storing, stuff gets moved there after encoding) Seagate Barracuda 2TB 60
CPU cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition 35
PSU Corsair RMx 550W 80
Case

Fractal Design define mini c

WIFI-Bluetooth Adapter Tp-Link Archer TX3000E 45
Windows Windows 145
Screen + Mouse + God Knows What TBD Estimated 150
TOTAL   1070

Some notes or questions:

• the 550W PSU is a bit overkill, but at one point we might add a thunderbolt card. Also, I can't find a good quality modular PSUs below 550W.
  • Is the CPU reasonable?  Should I try to squeeze 2 additional cores ? We don't have to render Avengers End Game 2 in 16K. It's a side activity required in her musician career.
  • Does anybody have an estimate of the RAM usage per core when rendering? For example, in CFD Simulations it's 2-4 Gb per core, but rendering is not CFD. I think 16 Gb is enough, but I want to make sure
  • Cooler Choice? Seems budget but I saw good reviews. Will it keep cool enough even when boosting with 6 cores? That 65 watt TDP is a lie.
  • Where would you cut price? Where would you spend more?
  • She likes the micro-ATX one more, I don't see anything wrong with it, do you see some benefit in the ATX one?

If you have additional suggestions, they are welcome :)

Lorenzo