New to Mining - Need help setting up

Hey hey,

Saw LTT's video on mining and thought to give it a try as i dont do much on my rig all day, I've went with safer option-Nice Hash miner instead of traditional one...only intends to do light mining with just GPU(2060 super 8GB variant).

So i've installed it and have mined like couple of hours too but i didnt do any kind of tuning to GPU other than from nice hash rig manager setting to lite. Its like i've mined couple of hours at night and couple in day was monitoring temps and nothing was too alarming but today when i found out chasis tempered glass gets hot after couple of hours then i wanted to learn more on how to tune settings before mining daily but most of the things i get are about over clocking and changing settings from rig manger helps - not sure if really does that.

Also when i found out chasis warming up i've tried looking for other number and found out GPU core load stays 100% as GPU Z which i think is alarming and should be capped to around 60-70 as per my need, have tried capping power voltage from msi burner and couple of thing but the GPU load is 100% all the time have attached screenshot of my stats.

Can someone please advise me if this is normal or i have to tune few things or its normal but there are things which can be improved open to any suggestion sorry if i said something dumb please feel free to teach me.

Thankss

Capturef.JPG

14 minutes ago, Nom0_0 said:

GPU core load stays 100% as GPU Z which i think is alarming

it's normal

what hashrate are you getting? it seems to be doing just fine

quickminer tunes your GPU i think...? i use the regular version and tune my GPU myself

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

43 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

it's normal

what hashrate are you getting? it seems to be doing just fine

quickminer tunes your GPU i think...? i use the regular version and tune my GPU myself

Not so sure but it was around 3.8 to 4.1

5 minutes ago, Nom0_0 said:

Not so sure but it was around 3.8 to 4.1

3.8 to 4.1...?

it should be image.png.a4fa5ef517d7a6df53f6df129a82e2c6.png 42.25 MH/s

You should try and make something like this. Cooling will never be a problem ever again!  Took a long time to build.....

Yes there is a filter behind the fan to keep dust out.

CustomRig.jpg

20 hours ago, Moonzy said:

3.8 to 4.1...?

it should be image.png.a4fa5ef517d7a6df53f6df129a82e2c6.png 42.25 MH/s

Oh sorry i meant 38-41  

Just now, Nom0_0 said:

Oh sorry i meant 38-41  

sounds about right then, if you have a monitor plugged in

power draw is around 110w?

20 hours ago, SaltyPretzel said:

You should try and make something like this. Cooling will never be a problem ever again!  Took a long time to build.....

Yes there is a filter behind the fan to keep dust out.

CustomRig.jpg

cant do that as my rig was mainly for gaming and some what productivity...and tha chasis not that good for airflow as well(nzxt h510)

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

sounds about right then, if you have a monitor plugged in

power draw is around 110w?

yeah 110-120w i, but is it a good idea to cap walts to some what 115 from oc tuner so that temps dont go crazy after long session 

Just now, Nom0_0 said:

yeah 110-120w i, but is it a good idea to cap walts to some what 115 from oc tuner so that temps dont go crazy after long session 

sounds bout right, you're good

temps looks fine, btw

Just now, Moonzy said:

sounds bout right, you're good

temps looks fine, btw

yeah was also curios with fans speed they go from 1600 to 2000 rpms is that something to monitor

Just now, Nom0_0 said:

yeah was also curios with fans speed they go from 1600 to 2000 rpms is that something to monitor

as long as temps are fine, i would say it's fine

unless if it's bothering you, then you can set a constant speed

3 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

as long as temps are fine, i would say it's fine

unless if it's bothering you, then you can set a constant speed

oh okay and last thing while looking for lowering temps does reducing power from afterburner is capping gpu in any way? like i want my gpu to live longer anything needs to be done for that or im all clear already? (also im new to forum is there a way to appreciate your profile or give thanks)

1 minute ago, Nom0_0 said:

last thing while looking for lowering temps does reducing power from afterburner is capping gpu in any way?

yea, lower power limit would limit the boost clocks, and will even make the gpu throttle VRAM bandwidth after certain limit

normally u wont feel much of a difference between 100% and 80%, but the temps will drop by quite a bit

after that you should see significant clock speed drops, depending on GPU and AIB, you can adjust it manually and stare at the msi afterburner graph + hashrate to know where the drop off is

but judging from your power draw, quickminer already tuned your power limit and vram OC for you, so you should be good to go

2 minutes ago, Nom0_0 said:

(also im new to forum is there a way to appreciate your profile or give thanks)

you can just say thanks here ❤️

On 4/22/2021 at 6:59 PM, Moonzy said:

yea, lower power limit would limit the boost clocks, and will even make the gpu throttle VRAM bandwidth after certain limit

normally u wont feel much of a difference between 100% and 80%, but the temps will drop by quite a bit

after that you should see significant clock speed drops, depending on GPU and AIB, you can adjust it manually and stare at the msi afterburner graph + hashrate to know where the drop off is

but judging from your power draw, quickminer already tuned your power limit and vram OC for you, so you should be good to go

you can just say thanks here ❤️

Thank youuu random stranger