profitable upgrade??

Now i'm running an I7 3770K with 16gbs RAM at 1600mhz, And i want to upgrade but idk if an I5 9400f will be a good upgrade. If not what cpu should I buy.

if your i7 is decently overclocked, the upgrade to a 9400F is not that large. An 11th gen i5 with a B560 motherboard is a larger improvement to performance, or an inexpensive B450 motherboard with a cheap used Ryzen 5 3600 (if you manage to find one).

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

profitable upgrade??

Unless youre upgrading from a 3080 to 4080 or something, i dont think there's a lot of "profitable" upgrades.

Anyway, jokes aside: i have to agree on this. You lose 2 threads for few gains in IPC. If you need a CPU upgrade, go for something like an i5 11400F, with H510 or B560 board. If you dont mind team red, a B450 board with 3600 will suit you. Do be noted that BOTH will require new DDR4 memory to function, and youll want a fast one for Ryzen. You can get away with slower DDR4 memory for Intel, but its still encouraged.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Not really worth it. Won’t be a huge performance upgrade, you lose 2 threads, and it’s on a dead platform. A 11400f with a decent B560 board seems like the better option, if you can find a good deal on a Ryzen 5 3600 (less than $180) then that + a cheap B450 board would be another good deal.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570