Unreleased Microsoft Surface Mini?

OrionP1023

I have my hands on a Surface Mini prototype, (Model 1612) and I'm hoping someone might have info or software package for it. Yes, its the version MS killed in 2014, and yes I came by it honestly. Pics related, banana for scale. 

20210420_132514.jpg

20210420_132600.jpg

20210420_132656.jpg

I'd say try your luck with a insider windows 8 build or a linux version. Probably doesn't have finished drivers.

2 hours ago, jaslion said:

I'd say try your luck with a insider windows 8 build or a linux version. Probably doesn't have finished drivers.

Missing drivers is one of the issues. I have very little experience with RT devices but couldn't pass up the opportunity to check out a prototype that (As far as I'm aware) nobody has seen before

15 hours ago, OrionP1023 said:

Missing drivers is one of the issues. I have very little experience with RT devices but couldn't pass up the opportunity to check out a prototype that (As far as I'm aware) nobody has seen before

Ooh it's a windows arm device. Well then. You might be sol here. You could try some arm windows 8 builds but I doubt they'll work. Best bet would be a arm linux or by some miracle windows 10 for arm works.