Im having issues with upgrading

crabstikz

Budget (including currency): 550 Euro

Other details: I have a AMD FX-9830P RADEON R7 Processor and Radeon R7 Graphics with 8gb ram.

I want to upgrade my system with a new CPU and a new Graphics card, I was thinking a Ryzen 7 2600x with a 1050ti is that a good decision or are there more better components for my budget?

5 minutes ago, crabstikz said:

I was thinking a Ryzen 7 2600x with a 1050ti is that a good decision or are there more better components for my budget?

Ryzen uses DDR4 which means you wont be able to reuse your RAM. Just a food for thought.

Honestly at 550 euro you better off sniping Haswell Core i5, a 1050Ti (at the right price ofc), and H81 board off ebay if you need a CPU GPU upgrade combo.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

17 minutes ago, crabstikz said:

Budget (including currency): 550 Euro

Other details: I have a AMD FX-9830P RADEON R7 Processor and Radeon R7 Graphics with 8gb ram.

I want to upgrade my system with a new CPU and a new Graphics card, I was thinking a Ryzen 7 2600x with a 1050ti is that a good decision or are there more better components for my budget?

Reasoning behind my parts list: You probably will not be able to get a GPU at MSRP, so keep your old graphics card for now, and upgrade later, when prices come down. You have 235 euros remaining after this build. Idk the prices in Germany, but I'm assuming you could get a 1650 super - 1660 super graphics card depending on the price when it comes down to normal.

This CPU has higher IPC and lower latency and you will manage better framerates than with a 2600x.

PS: I don't know what PSU or storage you have, so I didn't consider them in my budget.

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for a reply. 🙂