Help with Berkeley db and Python Please!

Zorrigan

I cannot seem to install the berkeleydb module. I installed other modules just fine.

I get a long error followed by,

"WARNING: Discarding https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/88/3c/d672edf9a7df5fbf00e2e9a1ff83c31c984e5552881d5374b57601d6f1ad/berkeleydb-18.1.0.tar.gz#sha256=da0a9e182da0949b59962acf0020c1eeeacfd0e3e68dd889702e7dec0c4ca0cd (from https://pypi.org/simple/berkeleydb/). Command errored out with exit status 1: python setup.py egg_info Check the logs for full command output.
ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement berkeleydb
ERROR: No matching distribution found for berkeleydb"

I'm using the current iteration of python (3.9.x). I have python directories on a different drive, but I added the pathway in Windows. I tried simply using pip install, I tried unzipping the file from pypi.org, unzipping the zipped file inside the first unzipped file, moving the setup.py file to the main python directory, running the setup.py just by left clicking, running the setup.py via command prompt with

python setup.py

, I tried moving files to the C:\Temp files (the path listed in the longer error doesn't exist, I tried creating it and placing the files inside, but it just created a different file instead [I'm guessing the path was created then discarded per the first line of the "warning."]), I tried downloading legacy versions like brddb3, I even made an account on Oracle and tried downloading the version there instead but it also didn't work.

Kind of losing my mind here. Do I just need to downgrade my version of python?

Thanks for any help with this issue, I appreciate you.