Help me please.

andrew1k

For a while now I have been trying to trouble shoot my computer. Randomly I started to get frames drops when playing which did not happen before. I had some pop ups from the virus protection companies like Norton so I chose to set my computer back to factory settings and ever since then it has not been working well. I tried changing my ram to see if that was an issue it did not change anything. I changed my sent in my GPU thinking it could be that because there has been some problems with the 3070s. I updated my bios on my motherboard. Is there anything else I can do so I do not have to try to changing the CPU as well and having to deal with intel.   

Frame rate stutters sound like something else is running and taking up GPU or CPU. 

I would check Task Manager occasionally while gaming to see if any apps are stealing CPU or GPU resources. I once had a cryptomining virus on my computer, stealing my GPU power and my games would chug. If nothing seems to be wrong, I'd say to completely clean the boot drive, reset the BIOS and reinstall Windows. 

35 minutes ago, Deslumo said:

Frame rate stutters sound like something else is running and taking up GPU or CPU. 

I would check Task Manager occasionally while gaming to see if any apps are stealing CPU or GPU resources. I once had a cryptomining virus on my computer, stealing my GPU power and my games would chug. If nothing seems to be wrong, I'd say to completely clean the boot drive, reset the BIOS and reinstall Windows. 

Also make sure that the antivirus you have is actually legit and not one of spyware/mineware ones that through up fake warnings and use the PC's resources

Bobbyct

Main Build: Intel i7 10700k | EVGA Nvidia 3060ti FTW3 | Corsair RGB Vengeance Pro 4x8 @3200Corsair 465x iCUE Smart Case 

42 minutes ago, Deslumo said:

When you had this happen in your Task Manager did it only look like the GPU and CPU were spiking when the frames dropped? Also are all three of those things needed to get out someone using my computer to mine?