need help with cpu

Budget (including currency): 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

so looking into building new pc first time budget is 2000 give or take trying to decide on cpu what is difference between intel icore 9 and ryzen ? going to be gaming and streaming on pc .

looking for suggestions on cpu and how to tell if mother board is compatible ? 

pc.PNG

If this is your first pc I would give the edge to intel because it has integrated graphics. It has more cores so you can do more tasks like streaming but ach core is a bit less powerful, so if you are gaming at 1080p 240hz you might notice a bottleneck in some games, but otherwise that bottleneck is pretty rare for now. Go for a Z490 motherboard, and get the 10850k instead of 10900k (as you have done)

The CPU cooler you chose is overkill, I would set a max price of around 150 to get a good 240 rad. Some for motherboard, a Z490 motherboard around $200 will work just as well. You forgot ram so you can spend the saved money on ram. I also switched the case but that’s mainly personal preference, and upgraded storage because you might need the extra storage. I also changed the power supply to a cheaper but very similar quality power supply.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rHYQsX

CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K 3.6 GHz 10-Core Processor  ($384.99 @ Best Buy) 
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X53 73.11 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($129.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI Z490-A PRO ATX LGA1200 Motherboard  ($179.99 @ Best Buy) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($166.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($224.99 @ Western Digital) 
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10 GB Founders Edition Video Card  ($700.00) 
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  ($94.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Enermax Revolution D.F. 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($121.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $2003.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-04-17 07:49 EDT-0400

Thanks you for the help i really appreciate it . Was wondering why you said that intel is better since this is my first build ? i thought i did pick a 10850 for cpu or was that a reference to something else ? tbh i picked the cooler i did cause of rgb and temp sensor lol . Thank you for pointing out it was over kill 

2 minutes ago, emolga said:

Thanks you for the help i really appreciate it . Was wondering why you said that intel is better since this is my first build ? i thought i did pick a 10850 for cpu or was that a reference to something else ? tbh i picked the cooler i did cause of rgb and temp sensor lol . Thank you for pointing out it was over kill 

Intel was probably a better option because you would not have an old graphics card around which you can use with a ryzen processor, meaning now that the ryzen 7 5800x is not $450, it’s $450 + $50 gpu. And that $50 GPU is actually worse than intel integrated graphics.