EGpu error

I have an external gpu from aorus that will no longer connect to my laptop. I uninstalled the drivers and cannot reinstall them as nvidia says this driver is not supported by this version of windows. The card does not show up anywhere in the computer any ideas to get this working would be great thanks. 

Did you recently update Windows? Has anything changed otherwise when it stopped working? What laptop is it and what gpu are you running?

Mini-ITX Desktop: i9-9900K@5GHz, 32GB TridentZ RGB 3200MHz, Asus Strix Z390-i, EVGA 3090 Hybrid FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO+ NVMe 1TB, Lian Li O11 Air Mini White

Plex/Minecraft Server: Dell PowerEdge T320, Xeon E5-2470 v2, 48GB RAM, 19.25TB storage, RTX A2000 6GB

Tablet: iPad Pro 11” M1

39 minutes ago, Xaiux said:

Did you recently update Windows? Has anything changed otherwise when it stopped working? What laptop is it and what gpu are you running?

It’s a gtx 1070 being run through a thunderbolt 4port. Laptop in a dell Inspiron 7506. 11nth gen intel core i5. I disconnected the gpu through software and unplugged it from the laptop. After reconnecting it I tried to run a game where it said windows error a bunch of files have been deleted and added to your one drive recycle bin. Then nvidia control panel tells me that there is no nvidia graphics card connected and I can’t get it to load anymore