AIO conversion?

DigitalHabit

Ok, so, I have a Cooler Master Masterliquid ML360 Sub-Zero.  I can not use it because of the horrible amount of noise from the pump, I know @AnomalyDesignhas a great work around for the noise and I do plan to try that out this week.  But I'm curious, since the pump is external and isolated from the rad and the CPU block would it not be possible to remove the pump and replace it with a custom loop pump and essentially turn the AIO into a custom loop? I mean I would get it wouldn't work if the pump were integrated into the rad or the CPU block like most AIO's are, but since this one is external couldn't that be a possibility?

Case: Lian Li Lancool II-X | MB: Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Elite AC | CPU: i9-10900k Gold Sample | Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360 Illusion | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) | GPU: MSI RTX 3070 Ventus 3x OC | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA GA 850 W 80+ Gold | Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB & Seagate Barracuda 4 TB 3.5" | Monitor: Gigabyte M27Q, Samsung Odyssey G5 27.0", and Huion GT-221 Pro | And of course: Northern Lights desk pad

yes you could do that. that's the easy part. Its refilling the loop and using the right fuild for mix metals. usually it's a mix of Ethanol glycol or propylene glycol and Distilled water. something like 30%. that's if you want to reused the rad. 

but really the only thing people care about with your aio is the block/tech. if your going to mod just go all the way. get a new copper rad and a pump res combo. clean the block really really good, flush the new equipment, fill like a custom loop, and let it rip.

either way you can make make it work. it just depends on how much you want to spend and the work you want to put into it.

on the budget side. the hardest thing is get EG/PG in a small enough quantity that it's cheap. but people have also used ek cyrofuel, primochill utopia, and similar to make it happen. but with mixed metals it's hard to tell how long the loop will last before it corrodes. for some it last a month for others it last years.

I'll be curious to know how the sata cable voltage mod works for you in terms of noise reduction. I've been running mine 24/7 since doing that mod, and it's still working great

The PC is doing low power mining on the 2080ti when I'm not working/gaming, with the cryo cooler set to "standby" and very low speed/voltage CPU profile in XTU (pretty much the only time I find the "standby" setting useful). This whole PC is well on its way to paying for itself.

I considered going the pump replacement route, especially since I already had a pump/res I could use, but the issues mentioned above are a big headache. I still might have tried it if this voltage reduction didn't work as well. Still seems odd that cooler master decided to ship the thing this way. 

Edit: I realized that when I said the cooler is still "working great", that wasn't exactly true. The pump is doing just fine, but one of the original cooler master fans developed a very loud rattle (bad bearing or something). I have no idea how warranty support works on a prize, so I just replaced all three fans with cheap Artic P12s from Amazon, and have been happy.