Corsair M65 Macro annoyance/issue!!

So I recently purchased my Corsair M65 mouse, I love everything about it!

The build quality is nice and it tracks really well. It fits great in my hands and the button layout is really nice.

The major complaint I have is not with the mouse itself but with the software!

Firstly my previous mouse (Razer Deathadder) was much easier to program macro buttons, the ease of use on the K65 software isn't on par with what Razer offers.

More specifically, why the hell can't I bind mouse clicks to a macro? I could in Razers software...

I just want to bind a macro to click the mouse multiple times whilst entering keyboard keystrokes, but it won't pick up mouse clicks.

That's a serious flaw with this software that could be easily fixed with an update (and yes I am running the latest software/firmware).

I have searched on forums for a solution and it can't be done within the software.

How could Corsair overlook this? The complaints span back at least 2 years and yet nothing has been fixed even though there are people interested in this function being added!

What the hell Corsair?

316246-corsair-vengeance-m65-angle.jpg

Has anyone else encountered or found this lack of functionality an annoyance?

Hopefully someone from Corsair will see this!

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Did you save the macros to the mouse itself or just set the macro in the software only? For the macros to work you need to save them to the mouse and enable Hardware Playback on the bottom of the software.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Did you save the macros to the mouse itself or just set the macro in the software only? For the macros to work you need to save them to the mouse and enable Hardware Playback on the bottom of the software.

You don't understand...

When creating a macro there isn't a way to capture mouse input...

this is something that was definitely overlooked.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

You don't understand...

When creating a macro there isn't a way to capture mouse input...

this is something that was definitely overlooked.

Does your software look like this.....

post-3854-0-79616100-1395974212.png

Follow these steps...

1. Click the MR button
2. Click a button on the mouse on the left.
3. Press a key on the keyboard.
4. Click the MR button again to save.

Does your software look like this.....

attachicon.gifM90.png

Follow these steps...

1. Click the MR button
2. Click a button on the mouse on the left.
3. Press a key on the keyboard.
4. Click the MR button again to save.

once again, you are failing to understand what I am saying.

The software doesn't let you make a macro with mouse clicks.

say I wanted to make a macro where I left clicked and then right clicked...you can't

You can macro keyboard presses but not mouse clicks.

Hail Sithis!

say I wanted to make a macro where I left clicked and then right clicked...you can't

What you want seems not to be possible right now. Check this.....http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=645636 Maybe you can find Laufer's workaround and seem if it will give you what you want.

What you want seems not to be possible right now. Check this.....http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=645636 Maybe you can find Laufer's workaround and seem if it will give you what you want.

thanks but the main point of this thread was to highlight the fact that it can't be done easily.

Hail Sithis!

thanks but the main point of this thread was to highlight the fact that it can't be done easily.

B)

So what would you use that 1, 2 click macro for?

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

So what would you use that 1, 2 click macro for?

it was a generic example...............

Hail Sithis!

it was a generic example...............

So technically a person wouldn't actually need it?

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

yeah i got this same problem same mouse and it sucks almost every brand that has a gaming mouse includes recording mice clicks -.- so sad i hope they wil fix it soon i love the mouse bud i am stil trying to trade it for the logitech g500s cause its just easier 

So technically a person wouldn't actually need it?

but I need it. I want to make a macro in skyrim that includes mouse clicks.

Hail Sithis!

yeah i got this same problem same mouse and it sucks almost every brand that has a gaming mouse includes recording mice clicks -.- so sad i hope they wil fix it soon i love the mouse bud i am stil trying to trade it for the logitech g500s cause its just easier

finally, someone who understands.

Hail Sithis!

but I need it. I want to make a macro in skyrim that includes mouse clicks.

Awesome

You can't bind clicks, its annoying I know depending what game you are on though if you can set to keys to do one function you can use a macro that will do what you want but with another key and have the same effect I did it in CoD 4 and Black Ops 2 because you can set shoot to another key eg. '/'

My Rig : Zotac 780 3GB, i5 4670k, H105, M1211 650W, 8GB 2133mhz vengence pro, Mini R2, 144Hz AOC Gsync Monitor

Accessories : K65, Naos 3200, Superlux 681, Chord CCU1