HP Omen 30L sign in funkiness?

Maybe this belongs in the OS sub forums but I figured I'd at least start here; I'm having a strange issue where if the last user signed into the computer is my fiancee's account then when I try to sign in it will load my desktop but with no functionality as if its still loading but will get stuck there not able to actually do anything other than ctrl+alt+del and go back to her profile, sign her out, then sign back into my account. If I follow those steps then my profile loads with zero issues. As an added note this occurs even if the computer gets fully powered off. If I was the last profile signed in I have no issues loading my profile and she has said that she does not experience any issues under any circumstances signing in and successfully using her profile. Obviously this isn't something incredibly important but its just a bit of a hassle and I'm curious if there is a work around. We both have admin privileges. If there is more info that could help someone aid me in figuring out why this happens just ask and I will do my best to get it to you, thank you in advance.

4 minutes ago, Haraikomono said:

havent seen this issue since xp times wow

I suppose I should clarify just to avoid confusion I am running windows 10 haha

1 hour ago, PartyCapn said:

Maybe this belongs in the OS sub forums but I figured I'd at least start here; I'm having a strange issue where if the last user signed into the computer is my fiancee's account then when I try to sign in it will load my desktop but with no functionality as if its still loading but will get stuck there not able to actually do anything other than ctrl+alt+del and go back to her profile, sign her out, then sign back into my account. If I follow those steps then my profile loads with zero issues. As an added note this occurs even if the computer gets fully powered off. If I was the last profile signed in I have no issues loading my profile and she has said that she does not experience any issues under any circumstances signing in and successfully using her profile. Obviously this isn't something incredibly important but its just a bit of a hassle and I'm curious if there is a work around. We both have admin privileges. If there is more info that could help someone aid me in figuring out why this happens just ask and I will do my best to get it to you, thank you in advance.

Last time i encountered this is with my old Lenovo K2450 (basically a poorman's Thinkpad).

Afaik, it's a corrupted OS. I tried everything to no avail, so i just reinstalled Windows and its all good.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2021 at 12:16 AM, Sacriledgy said:

Last time i encountered this is with my old Lenovo K2450 (basically a poorman's Thinkpad).

Afaik, it's a corrupted OS. I tried everything to no avail, so i just reinstalled Windows and its all good.

Thank you for your response, I know I'm a bit late with this reply. I have not yet found a "simple" workaround to the issue and if I ever find myself in NEED of a fix I will look into reinstalling the OS but at this time it is more trouble than its worth for me to reinstall as opposed to just dealing with the aforementioned issue but I do certainly appreciate your help