Persistent Stutter Every Second

JDTractorGuy

Hello,

I've been chasing this problem for years but cannot solve it.  Every second, when running something graphically intensive, there is an obvious stutter.  When I mean every second, I mean literally every second almost on the dot.  It varies in intensity depending on the game--higher framerates seem to help but not resolve the issue.  It also varies game by game--some games retain a stutter per second, while others may stutter much worse, and a small few have relatively few stutters (Battlefront II and Jedi Fallen Order).  I am running a FreeSync display, but that didn't help in the slightest.  I was able to capture a video that shows the problem well using MSI Kombuster's stress test.  While I know its only running at 20FPS, it is easiest to see the stutter every second in this demo.  See below.

System Specs:

Windows 10 Pro Build 19042

MSI X470 Gaming Plus Mobo

32 GB (16x2) Ballistic Sport LT DDR4 RAM

Ryzen 5 2600 CPU

RX 580 GPU 8 GB

1000 watt coolermaster power supply

What I've tried:

-Just about every single bios setting

-Overclocking, underclocking

-Various hardware reconfigurations

-Single monitor, other monitors, switching monitors

-Disabling every windows setting I can find that could potentially cause an issue

-Uninstalled XBOX game stuff

-DDU'd in Safe Mode and reinstalled drivers (multiple times)

I have reinstalled windows in the past and it has not helped the issue in any way...but that was over a year ago (yes, I've had this problem for years and am finally fed up with it)

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

Video Link: