Looking for advice/tips

Swurvy

Budget (including currency): 1200$ USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: bare minimum for pc 1080p vr gaming as it is my first pc 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I mostly wanted advice on if I could switch stuff out for better alternatives without losing to much quality and I don’t care too much about looks ideal FPS is anything above 60 any tips or advice would be appreciated greatly. -Anthony

1 minute ago, Swurvy said:

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: bare minimum for pc 1080p vr gaming as it is my first pc 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I mostly wanted advice on if I could switch stuff out for better alternatives without losing to much quality and I don’t care too much about looks ideal FPS is anything above 60 any tips or advice would be appreciated greatly. -Anthony

1. Upgrade your power supply. The 1050ti will be outdated soon if it isn't already, and modern cards will require more wattage

2. Maybe get a i5-11400 if u have the $$ to adopt a new chipset and processor, like the b560. 

3. Maybe get another air cooler, like the be quiet! dark rock slim or something like that?

4. For gaming, i'd get a 144hz monitor at least (1080p)

Gaming PC:

CPU- Intel Core i5-10400 (planning to upgrade when Alder Lake releases)

CPU Cooler- be quiet! Dark Rock Slim up to 180W TDP

Motherboard- Asus ROG Strix B460-h Gaming

Memory- Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000 CL15 memory

Storage- Crucial P2 1TB M.2-NVME SSD up to 2400 MB/s 

Video Card- MSI Ventus 2x Geforce RTX 3060 Ti OC

PC Chassis- Cooler Master TD500 MESH ARGB with Controller

Power Supply- EVGA 650w P2 (planning to upgrade to EVGA 80+ Gold 1k watts)

Rear Fan- Touchaqua Bitspower Notos RGB fan

Monitor- Acer EI272UR 2560x1440 144hz 4ms Radeon Freesync monitor

Keyboard- Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum

Mouse- Logitech G203 Lightsync (planning to upgrade to g502 HERO)

Controller- Xbox One Wireless Controller - Red 

LaptopProcessor- Ryzen 7 4700U (8c/8t up to 4.1Ghz) with Radeon graphics, 16GB DDR4-3200 memory, 512 NVME SSD

47 minutes ago, Swurvy said:

Get 3000 Mhz memory for your intel processor, it only runs at 2933 MHz. Another thing I'd say is don't buy a GPU now. Get an 11400 or 10400 instead of the F variant so that you will get some gaming performance from the iGPU until prices come down or you get something second hand. It's a different story tho, if you REALLY need a GPU right now.

And get a 550W PSU like CX550 for having some headroom, when you do buy a better GPU.

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for a reply. 🙂

6 hours ago, AnirbanG007 said:

Get 3000 Mhz memory for your intel processor, it only runs at 2933 MHz. Another thing I'd say is don't buy a GPU now. Get an 11400 or 10400 instead of the F variant so that you will get some gaming performance from the iGPU until prices come down or you get something second hand. It's a different story tho, if you REALLY need a GPU right now.

And get a 550W PSU like CX550 for having some headroom, when you do buy a better GPU.

i Already have bought the  memory because when i saw it i was maybe a bit too fast to get it because it was on sale for 20$ off, is 3000Mhz - 2933 a huge difference? and i plan on getting a 600W PSU  and i don't NEED a GPU right now and would be fine with using integrated on board graphics untill my link cable ships

i Already have bought the  memory because when i saw it i was maybe a bit too fast to get it because it was on sale for 20$ off, is 3000Mhz - 2933 a huge difference? and i plan on getting a 600W PSU  and i don't NEED a GPU right now and would be fine with using integrated on board graphics untill my link cable ships

Oh, that's okay. If you mean is there a difference between 3000 and 2933, nah, I just said it cause you have some good RAM modules at that speed.

7 hours ago, FireAbyss111802 said:

1. Upgrade your power supply. The 1050ti will be outdated soon if it isn't already, and modern cards will require more wattage

2. Maybe get a i5-11400 if u have the $$ to adopt a new chipset and processor, like the b560. 

3. Maybe get another air cooler, like the be quiet! dark rock slim or something like that?

4. For gaming, i'd get a 144hz monitor at least (1080p)

what budget card would you recommend?

and the only things i wont change or anything is motherboard and RAM as i have already bought that

2 minutes ago, AnirbanG007 said:

Oh, that's okay. If you mean is there a difference between 3000 and 2933, nah, I just said it cause you have some good RAM modules at that speed.

ok thanks for your help

7 hours ago, AnirbanG007 said:

the 11400 and 10400 are incompatible with my board, would a

Intel Core i5-9600KF

or

Intel Core i5-9500 work? and if so better or worse then what i currently have on the list

6 minutes ago, Swurvy said:

the 11400 and 10400 are incompatible with my board, would a

Intel Core i5-9600KF

or

Intel Core i5-9500 work? and if so better or worse then what i currently have on the list

AFAIK b460 is compatible with 10th gen. 9th gen isn't as its socket is 1151. 10th gen is 1200.

Here's an ss from Gigabyte.

Also, for 11th gen you need b560, not b460.

image.thumb.png.59a753dc186e01ba39f1308671f48fde.png

21 minutes ago, Swurvy said:

and the only things i wont change or anything is motherboard and RAM as i have already bought that

There are many good budget cards. The 1650 super, 1660ti, 3060, 3060ti. These are at various pricepoints, they are all "budget" cards, considering what you call budget. But this is a conversation for another day, we will get next gen equivalents of 1650 super and 1660 ti with vastly better performance etc etc... lots of factors to consider.

11 minutes ago, AnirbanG007 said:

There are many good budget cards. The 1650 super, 1660ti, 3060, 3060ti. These are at various pricepoints, they are all "budget" cards, considering what you call budget. But this is a conversation for another day, we will get next gen equivalents of 1650 super and 1660 ti with vastly better performance etc etc... lots of factors to consider.

thanks

8 hours ago, Swurvy said:

If I remember correctly, a 1050ti can’t run VR.

PCP isn’t loading for me, but get a 11400F with a B560 board. Also look for some kind of GPU that isn’t a 1050ti. A used GTX 1060 or RX 570 can be found for 200 - 300 (sadly)

Replace that 3600MHZ RAM with 3200. Waste of money and there is no performance difference.

Also replace that EVGA BR with a Corsair CX 450.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

1 hour ago, Downkey said:

If I remember correctly, a 1050ti can’t run VR.

PCP isn’t loading for me, but get a 11400F with a B560 board. Also look for some kind of GPU that isn’t a 1050ti. A used GTX 1060 or RX 570 can be found for 200 - 300 (sadly)

Replace that 3600MHZ RAM with 3200. Waste of money and there is no performance difference.

Also replace that EVGA BR with a Corsair CX 450.

thanks for the help also https://www.roadtovr.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-oculus-minimum-specification-virtual-reality/#:~:text=While not the first in,meets the Oculus Minimum Specification.&text=This change replaces the more,meet the Oculus Minimum Spec.

Website blocked for me (school device)

Also even if it “meets” the minimum requirements for VR, doesn’t mean it’s good. Honestly, I would expect motion sickness, because a 1050ti is going to provide terrible frame rates in VR.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

4 hours ago, Swurvy said:

right now, it is hard to get video cards, as you know. Once they come in stock, I would get a 3060 or 3060 ti. But for now, get the 10400 (non-f) so you dont have to spend money on a bad discrete video card. 

Gaming PC:

CPU- Intel Core i5-10400 (planning to upgrade when Alder Lake releases)

CPU Cooler- be quiet! Dark Rock Slim up to 180W TDP

Motherboard- Asus ROG Strix B460-h Gaming

Memory- Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000 CL15 memory

Storage- Crucial P2 1TB M.2-NVME SSD up to 2400 MB/s 

Video Card- MSI Ventus 2x Geforce RTX 3060 Ti OC

PC Chassis- Cooler Master TD500 MESH ARGB with Controller

Power Supply- EVGA 650w P2 (planning to upgrade to EVGA 80+ Gold 1k watts)

Rear Fan- Touchaqua Bitspower Notos RGB fan

Monitor- Acer EI272UR 2560x1440 144hz 4ms Radeon Freesync monitor

Keyboard- Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum

Mouse- Logitech G203 Lightsync (planning to upgrade to g502 HERO)

Controller- Xbox One Wireless Controller - Red 

LaptopProcessor- Ryzen 7 4700U (8c/8t up to 4.1Ghz) with Radeon graphics, 16GB DDR4-3200 memory, 512 NVME SSD