Game Freeze DX 9/11 (Dota 2)

Indyyy

Hello there!

I am new to this community, but I have a problem that you might be able to help me fix.

The problem is when I open Dota2 with dx9 or dx11, the game freezes very frequently.

It freezes the screen, but my sound is on and I can still hear the game running, and it even registers my actions. Unfortunately I cannot see past the frozen screen so I have to exit the game via Task Manager and re-open it again. I use F9 and do it as fast as I can.

However, when I open the game with OpenGL, there still appears to be a frequent spike laggy thing that slows my game, but it never freezes in one screen, so I can play this way without having to restart the game. Furthermore, this way I have at tops 80fps on minimum settings and render on 50%, on average maybe 40-60fps. Sometimes it drops to 16 when there are heroes with high particle effects like SandKing's Sand Storm.

When running on Direct X 11, the game is running on medium to high graphics settings with 80-110fps.

Long story short, playing on OpenGL is depressing, while playing on any DX is annoying as I have to restart the game 2 to 3 times per match.

HELP