RX 5700xt fans not spinning

Ok this may be dumb but I think I may have an issue. I got this card a few months ago and put it into my i7 6700k build from a few years ago. All worked great. Well it was time to test the waters with the ryzen system. I got the 5600x as well as the b550-e from asus and built this a few days ago. I realized that the gpu fans are not spinning or staying on like it was on my i7 with the z170 classified k board.

How can I go about turning them on to always on instead of having them kick on automatic. I looked in the bios and can’t seem to find anything. 

When I first boot the system up they spin but when win 10 loads they quit. 

I have been using intel for about 10 years not and left amd. I don’t know if this is a amd thing or not. 

any help would be great as I can’t really find anything online and asus website isn’t much help either. 

Don't know how to disable it, but that's a feature not a bug. They still spin when the card gets warm from gaming right? It's just passive cooling to save on fan wear and noise. I think it might be possible to use the MorePowerTool to modify the BIOS on the card. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoW0pSYOLds

But maybe there is a better less intrusive method. I don't own an AMD card right now and can't say if there is an AMD software setting.

theres a feature on new cards for 0 rpm mode. It saves on noise.

You could mod it out, but there's really no point. You would need to patch the drivers to do it, and there's always a chance you brick the card.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

13 hours ago, yoshemahino said:

Ok this may be dumb but I think I may have an issue. I got this card a few months ago and put it into my i7 6700k build from a few years ago. All worked great. Well it was time to test the waters with the ryzen system. I got the 5600x as well as the b550-e from asus and built this a few days ago. I realized that the gpu fans are not spinning or staying on like it was on my i7 with the z170 classified k board.

How can I go about turning them on to always on instead of having them kick on automatic. I looked in the bios and can’t seem to find anything. 

When I first boot the system up they spin but when win 10 loads they quit. 

I have been using intel for about 10 years not and left amd. I don’t know if this is a amd thing or not. 

any help would be great as I can’t really find anything online and asus website isn’t much help either. 

if you dont want 0 rpm mode you could go in msi after burner and change the fan config

Look at Adrenalin CP, under Performance -> Tuning, enable Fan Tuning, disable 'Zero Fan' and set your own fan curve. I've always set mine on a very aggressive curve, favoring high RPM for better cooling to lower RPM for lower fan noise. I don't care for "Zero fan' as my case is on the floor anyway, and my soundbar blasting in front of me, so fan noise is not a factor.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2