Display output of used GPU is corrupted

VoltySquirrel

I took a chance on a GPU on ebay that said in plain English that they tested the card before listing. Finally got it in the mail, hooked it up, and immediately I get a corrupted picture from the motherboard logo screen. Nothing I've tried so far as fixed the issue: DDU, updating the drivers, reseting the card, changing PCIe slots, trying every single HDMI and DP port, nothing. They all give the same result:

20210402_154748.thumb.jpg.3602c27c0eff5586772dc13e8809c3a2.jpg

Is there anything else I should try before I send the guy a message asking what the hell is up?

Do you have any other machines you could try it in? I doubt it's your machine causing the issue, but it would be good to confirm that. From what you've already tested it does look like a bad GPU though. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

Make sure it is properly connected, also make sure your power supply can even handle this type of voltage, this can come from multiple factors such as CPU bottleneck, it can also be the monitor it self as if you have switched HDMI cables then it might be the monitor, try plugging it into a different monitor seeing if that works, if all fails, contact the seller 

I do not have another PC to test it in, no. However, I highly doubt it's an issue with the rest of the computer, since it's a brand new motherboard and CPU, and my old GPU still works as normal. It's not the monitor either, for much the same reason. I tested between both of my monitors (by themselves, just to make sure it wasn't a case of it not being able to drive both displays), and I get the exact same picture on both. It shouldn't be a power issue, since the GPU this is supposed to be replacing it only takes 40 more watts to power. With the PSU I have, that a power overhead of almost 300w. I doubt it's a CPU bottleneck, as I'm using a R5 5600x.

1 minute ago, VoltySquirrel said:

I do not have another PC to test it in, no. However, I highly doubt it's an issue with the rest of the computer, since it's a brand new motherboard and CPU, and my old GPU still works as normal. It's not the monitor either, for much the same reason. I tested between both of my monitors (by themselves, just to make sure it wasn't a case of it not being able to drive both displays), and I get the exact same picture on both. It shouldn't be a power issue, since the GPU this is supposed to be replacing takes more power to drive. I doubt it's a CPU bottleneck, as I'm using a R5 5600x.

This might actually be a problem with NVidias new drivers or the amount of ram your using, how much ram do you have? 

Just now, Marshmallok said:

This might actually be a problem with NVidias new drivers or the amount of ram your using, how much ram do you have? 

The driver wouldn't affect the POST screen too. That's not the issue for OP. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

1 minute ago, ProjectBox153 said:

The driver wouldn't affect the POST screen too. That's not the issue for OP. 

It's also a moot point since It's an AMD GPU, actually. It's an MSI Armor RX 580 4GB. I have 16GB of RAM in the system. It's also important to stress that this corrupted picture was apparent from the first second I plugged it in as well as after I installed the Radeon drivers.

16 hours ago, VoltySquirrel said:

It's also a moot point since It's an AMD GPU, actually. It's an MSI Armor RX 580 4GB. I have 16GB of RAM in the system. It's also important to stress that this corrupted picture was apparent from the first second I plugged it in as well as after I installed the Radeon drivers.

I guess you should contact the seller and find out what is up