NZXT Kraken X60

Simple question, Kraken X60 good for the money or get something like the H100i. I am upgrading to an FX-8350 and I heard it ran hot. So I am guessing to keep my temps down my cheesy little Hyper 212 Evo by Cooler Master isn't going to cut it. I also heard that the X60 was quieter than the H100i and it kept temps down by a few degrees. I am not worried about the price or the space required because I already have the money and I am running a Rosewill Blackhawk Ultra Super tower. Any other suggestions are appreciated, just that these two rads are apparently the best on the market. I am picky about noise levels to, I will only be mounting 2 fans.

the swiftech h220 is the best prefilled liquid cooler on the market, its quieter and cooler, thats what id get in your case

X79A GD65 (8D), 3820, 7770, 16GB (1600Mhz cas9), 850watt(ocz zx), storm trooper, h100, xonar xense, sp2500, pc350, asus PA248Q LG 22'' ips, razor black-widow ultimate 2013, 120GB intel 520 series 128GB crucial M4 2*3TB barracuda 2*1TB barracuda 2TB Hitachi 

If you have a super tower and don't mind price consider a full custom loop. If that doesn't sound like your thing get a H220 or if you can't wait till they come back in stock get a H100i.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Thanks for the alternate choice guys. I am getting a 670 ftw, to lazy to get someone to water loop my system as I have no experience with them. But apparently the H220 has some compatability issues with the mounting holes on my case, and it doesn't say that it supports AM3+. Although not to sure but I think AM3 and AM3+ use pretty much the same mounting holes. Not sure though. Thanks.

Thanks for the alternate choice guys. I am getting a 670 ftw, to lazy to get someone to water loop my system as I have no experience with them. But apparently the H220 has some compatability issues with the mounting holes on my case, and it doesn't say that it supports AM3+. Although not to sure but I think AM3 and AM3+ use pretty much the same mounting holes. Not sure though. Thanks.

AM3 and AM3+ is not a physical socket difference afaik.

The H220 uses 120 fans with 15mm fan spacing (center to center of screw). It is compatible with anything in terms of fan holes as that is the standard.

Go and read the sticky threads at the top of this forum section (101 and FAQ). What I tell everyone is to not expand the H220. Firstly the re-sale value plummets. You basically lose the whole value of the product. If you want the watercool your gpu just sell the H220 and build a fresh loop. Its just as much effort as expanding the H220 but you will get better performance and a better understanding of what you are doing.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.