Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What GPU to get?

So I am struggling to decide on what GPU to get!  

I am aiming to play games like BF4 on Ultra 1080p with approximately 60 - 70fps

My build I am going with is as following:

For the GPU: GIGABYTE R9 270X 2048 MB GDDR5 OC PCI-E 3.0 256 bit Dual Link DVI-I HDMI Display Port Windforce 3x Active - I will overclock it

For the CPU: AMD FX8320 Black Edition 8 Core (3.5/4.0GHz, 8MB Level 3 Cache, 8MB Level 2 Cache, Socket AM3+, 125W, Retail Boxed)

For the RAM: Kingston Technology 8 GB 1866 MHz CL10 DDR3 HyperX Beast Desktop Memory Kit (2 x 4GB) - Intel XMP - And also, will this work with it?

For the CASE: Corsair CC-9011041-WW Carbide Series 200R Windowed Compact ATX Performance Computer Case - Black

For the PSU: Corsair Builder Series CXM 500W Modular 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX/EPS PSU - Will 500w be enough?

For the HDD: WD 1TB SATA lll Desktop SATA Drive - Blue

For the DVD R/W: Samsung 24x Retail SATA DVD Writer

And finally for the MO/BO: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P AMD 970 Motherboard (Socket AM3+, DDR3, S-ATA 600, ATX, PCI Express 2.0 x16, USB 3.0)

So are these all compatible and will they be able to run BF4 on Ultra 1080p?

So are these all compatible and will they be able to run BF4 on Ultra 1080p?

Compatible? Yes

BF4 Ultra @ 1080p? Maybe, but I wouldn't count on it.

What about a gtx 760?

I don't think you will be able to play BF4 at ultra 1080p with anywhere near those framerates.

Pilates

Wadda bout' a 750 Ti.. getting too attached to it

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

If you want those kind of frame rates on Ultra settings you will want at least a MSI R9 280X Gaming http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FR6XPL8.

I'm currently using a R9 280X and when you play a 64 player map on Ultra you can find many situations in which you drop below 60 fps.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO, ASUS Maximus VII Hero, i7-4790K @ 4.5GHz, Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX 980Ti SC, Corsair Vengeance Pro 2X8GB 1866Mhz CL9, 2X Crucial M500 960GB, EVGA SuperNOVA 1050 GS, ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q w/ nVidia 3D Vision 2

r9 270x can push you up to 60-70 when you are playing at singleplayer. 
but when you play on 64 player map with Max Settings , i think you can't reach it.

Equality doesn't mean Justice.

Thanks very much guys! I am very sorry my noobiness...

So should I get a Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 DirectCU II OC 2GB GDDR5 instead?

I am also going to get 12gb ram instead!

Thats great. but 12GB of ram is NOT really needed unless you do some video editing or rendering, for gaming 8GB is enough.

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

maybe lower your RAM to 8gb or push it to 16gb :)

Equality doesn't mean Justice.

Ok well I am also video editing as I am a YouTuber!

I will push up to Crucial Ballistix BLS2C8G3D18ADS3CEU Sport XT 16GB (8GBx 2) 240 Pin DIMM DDR3 PC3-14900 Memory

And will be using An Asus GTX 770 Nvidia GeForce DirectCU II OC 2GB GDDR5 Graphics Card (PCI Express 3.0, HDMI, DVI-I, DVI-D, Display Port, 256 Bit, 3D Vision Ready, GPU Boost 2.0)

And if I get enough money I will do 2 way SLI configuration for my PC with both 2 of the above GPU