MSI B350/Ryzen 5 issues, won't POST

andrewmsprague

I have an MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic mated to a Ryzen 5 3600 (with the updated BIOS, obvs) and I went to reboot my computer today, and it never came back on. It powers on, fans ramp up, and the "EZ Debug" CPU light comes on, turns off after a few seconds, and the fans ramp back down, but I'm getting no video signal, and my keyboard isn't receiving power (I can tell cause it has backlighting), which tells me it isn't POSTing. I've tried the following:

- reseat GPU

- Tried different GPU

- reseated memory, tried different sticks in different slots

- reseated CPU

- reset BIOS

- tried booting with no USB devices

- tried booting with no SATA devices

What I really need to know is whether my motherboard is dead, or whether the CPU is dead. I don't have any other Ryzen CPUs to test with. I literally have made no hardware or software changes, just hit Restart in Windows and now I get nothing. 

You want to plug in the error beep speaker on the FP header.

If you get CPU error beep (which you can find below in my sig) then the board is working properly and the CPU is bad.

If you don't get any beeps, the board is likely bad. And yes a board can take out a cpu and visa versa. So you'd RMA both anyways.

If you don't have the little speaker, you can find them on ebay for about 3 dollars.

Good Luck.