Cannot maximize games running at fullscreen non-native 1440p monitor resolution.

Twiixtor

If I lower the in-game resolution to anything other than my native 2560x1440 the game minimizes itself and 90% of the time it would not maximize itself to fullscreen. It stays minimized. It eventually stays maximized after a dozen attempts but then if I ALT+TAB out of the game I have to either change back to native 1440p or keep trying to TAB back into the game until it sticks.

I used to own a VG248QE 1080p 144hz monitor and I never had this problem. It only started happening once I upgraded to the LG 27GL83A-B 1440p 144hz monitor.

When I set my monitors resolution to 1080p and go into a game it runs perfectly at any resolution without problem so I can only assume that 1440p is the problem somehow.

The problem persists throughout all of my games (CSGO, Apex Legends, Tarkov, Black Ops Cold War, Warzone, etc.)

I am running dual monitor setup, my second being the LG 29UM69G 75hz 1080p UltraWide. Both connected to a GTX 1080 GPU and Ryzen 9 5900x with 32GB RAM.

My NVIDIA drivers are up to date. I tried all sorts of settings in the NVIDIA Control Panel including GSync and HDR options.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Check nvidia drivers and see what your monitor is running at, or check your settings and switch to the recommended resolution 

Don’t take everything I say seriously 

take it with a grain of s a l t

9 hours ago, tire said:

Check nvidia drivers and see what your monitor is running at, or check your settings and switch to the recommended resolution 

As I mentioned in my original post, all my nvidia drivers are up to date. What do you mean by "see what your monitor is running at"? My monitor is already running at the recommended 2560x1440 resolution both in the Windows settings and in the nvidia control panel.

Thanks.

3 hours ago, Twiixtor said:

As I mentioned in my original post, all my nvidia drivers are up to date. What do you mean by "see what your monitor is running at"? My monitor is already running at the recommended 2560x1440 resolution both in the Windows settings and in the nvidia control panel.

Thanks.

Does your monitor have a built in button like my g5, because if it is check that

Don’t take everything I say seriously 

take it with a grain of s a l t